We did a family trip to the Monterey area and decided to stay here in Pacific Grove. We have stayed at other Four Sisters Inns and really like them. This one was no exception. It's a very cute B&B in a great location. We were able to easily walk to dinner every night and walk around the town and along the beach walk. It's about a mile from the aquarium so you could walk there too.
The breakfast was nice and happy hour and late night desserts were great. Our room, Trimmer Hill, was also pretty nice. The bed was comfortable and it had a fireplace. Our only complaint about the room is that there was no tub in the bathroom. For this price, you should really have a tub. We also brought our child and it was a tight fit to have him in there too but doable. The room also opens right into one of the main rooms so that might be an issue for some although it worked well for us.
Another family member stayed in the Gassy Alec room, upstairs in the main house. This room was teeny so would probably only work well for a single person. A couple could do it but it would be a tight fit. We didn't need TVs but I'm not sure why this room didn't have one. The one room for a single person is the one room that should have a TV!
We really liked staying in the main house so that we didn't have to walk around outside to get to breakfast, happy hour, and late night desserts.
Our only complaint was that the decor of the hotel was a bit much. It was really pretty fussy and cluttered. It had the kind of decor that people make fun of B&Bs for having. It would be great to simplify some of the patterns and get rid of some of the knick knacks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Monterey Peninsula, the Gosby House Inn in Pacific Grove has been welcoming guests for over 100 years. This cheerful yellow and white Victorian mansion, with its carefully tended gardens and central patio, sets the standard for gracious innkeeping. Restaurants, shops and a scenic shoreline walking and biking path are just a few blocks from the Gosby House Inn, the choice for romance on the Monterey Peninsula.This Four Sisters Inn blends the modern luxuries and sophisticated services of a boutique hotel with the traditional amenities and architecture of a B & B. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Gosby House Inn - A Four Sisters Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gosby House Inn - a Four Sisters Hotel Pacific Grove
- Gosby House Inn - a 4 Sisters Inn