This was our second visit and this stay was even better than the first. We stayed in the Bellvue room - great views over the bay and the only room with a huge sofa in the bay window where you can sit and watch the local wildlife such as sea otters and seals - of which there are lots! Breakers would be the other room for views, but it does not have a sofa or a tub - but does have a better view, k/s bed and fireplace.
I have travelled extensively and this is the best Inn/B&B I have ever stayed in - across the world. The location is fantastic - on the sea front and next to a lovely jogging/walking cycle coast path. The style is very ornate victorian (done in a nice relaxed way) and the bedrooms & bathrooms are immaculate as the the decoration and the furnishings. There are lovely touches such as extra towels, bottles of water, little snacks etc. The beds are extremely comforable with down comforters and feather pillows - and the linens are always smooth and of very high quality. The staff are wonderfull, nothing is too much trouble. The housekeeping standard is excellent.
The food is great - always fresh and home made. Afternoon snacks from 5-6 are wine, and then all sorts of nibbles from gourmet cheese and crackers to fresh fuit and home made fudge - all eaten in the lovely public rooms overlooking the sea whilst you sit and spot otters and seals, or just watch the world go by. Beware, it is easy to graze and then feel very full before dinner - as we did!!! B/fast is relaxed with gourmet hot dishes and fresh fruit, yogurt and cereals - all fresh and home made, with unlimited coffee and lots of different teas. At night there is milk and home made cookies and snacks such as home made brownies - which were superb. The grounds of the Inn are beautiful, with little gardens and water features and lovely flower beds
I cannot recommend this inn highly enough - we are already planning our next visit. Pacific Grove is a great location and I would recommend it over either Monterey/Carmel or the Big Sur as a good base. If you have an interest in wildlife then it is a great location for otters, seals, and birds, and very close to the Big Sur, Point Lobos National Park(a must), 5 mins walk to the Monterey Aquarium and close to the Elkhorn Slough, where we saw 83 sea otters, 37 different species of birds, 85 sea lions and 26 seals in 2 hours on the elkhorn safari tour - which is highly recommended and 30 mins away. Remember to take your binoculars so you can spot the critters from your room
Can't wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Seven Gables Inn overlooks beautiful Monterey Bay and offers dramatic views of the Pacific Ocean and coastal mountains from all directions. ALL OCEAN VIEW ROOMS with ensuite bathrooms. Complimentary bountiful breakfast served in the oceanfront dining room overlooking Lover's Point cove. Complimentary afternoon wine and cheese pouring only Monterey County wines. Complimentary evening housemade cookies and milk to finish your day. Complimentary high speed WIFI. Free parking. Close to Monterey Aquarium, Cannery Row, 17 Mile Drive, Carmel, Big Sur and other scenic sights. View our website for additional information on rooms and special rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Seven Gables Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 7 Gables Inn
- Seven Gables Hotel Pacific Grove
- Seven Gables Inn Grand View Inn
- Seven Gables Inn Monterey