“So Beautiful its Hard to Describe.”
Review of Seven Gables Inn

Seven Gables Inn
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 4, 2014

I wanted my friend to stay in a once in a lifetime place and Seven Gables was it. It is so beautiful inside and out, it is hard to describe. The gardens, the room, the breakfast, the staff all superb. It was the most gorgeous place-my friend actually cried. We stayed in the Breakers room. Stunning. Stay there, you'll never forget it.

Room Tip: Breakers room ocean view is unbelievable.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sarah G

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Love everything about this Inn! It is beautiful, clean and charming! The location is perfect…walking distance to restaurants in Pacific Grove and downtown Monterrey, not to mention the gorgeous views! The breakfasts are yummy as well as wine and appetizers in the afternoon and the fresh baked cookies in the evening. Can't wait to come back!

Reviewed March 26, 2014

I have been to Seven Gables several times over the years and most every time I have been in the area it is the first place I think of to stay.
On this visit, my sister and I stayed in the lovely Jewell Cottage for several days. She unfortunately worked part time, and I enjoyed beautiful March days walking along the bay enjoying the tranquility. What pleasure it was to photograph the beautiful sunrises, crashing waves and simply observe the locals enjoying the magnificent clear, cool days. Staff could not be more helpful, and the breakfast buffet and afternoon wine and hors d'oeuvres were an added bonus. I will of course return.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 21, 2014

The rooms are beautiful and spotless and most, if not all, I believe, have views of the Bay. The people who are employed by the Inn are helpful and pleasant. The location is perfect - right on the Bay and about a 2 mile walk into downtown Monterey. And the breakfasts! They are better than they have ever been. There are different cooked courses every morning, (one morning crepes with mushrooms and leaks) along with the usual - eggs, yogurts, granola, etc.etc.etc. And you sit at a window overlooking the Bay and enjoy the fabulous food. The Inn is expensive, but not overpriced.

Room Tip: The more you spend, the better and more expansive the views of the Bay.
Reviewed March 21, 2014

After spending 3 nights in San Francisco rented a car and went on down coast and spent 4 nights here. Beautiful place, fantastic views of Monterey Bay and Great location. Within walking distance of some interesting restaurants and nice path all the way up and around corner for the sunset. Close to the Monterey Aquarium and Cannery row.
Very professionally run. Quite a diverse group staying there when we were there.
Not for the young, wild and crazys. Doors locked at 10;00 pm.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
swheelwright, Owner at Seven Gables Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

We appreciate the great review by these guests, especially since they stayed with us over 6 months ago. Their comments and recommendations are very kind and they made a special note that there was a diverse group of people staying at the Inn. We wanted to clarify one point in case there was any misperception: our lobby area does close at 10pm but guests have access to their rooms at all times of the day or night and can come and go as they wish and we have someone on site 24 hours a day if guests need assistance. We hope they enjoyed their trip to California and hope to see them again soon

Reviewed March 19, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this wonderful B&B on our honeymoon. We started our trip in Napa and drove the PCH down the coast to LA with a few stops along the way... Pacific Grove being one of them. We were VERY glad we did, and only regret not staying longer! The staff was friendly and helpful at check-in... the property overlooked some breathtaking views of the bay... and the bed, well, as my wife described it..."It was made for angels!" It was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on! We walked up the coast to take in some of the views from Lovers Point and watch the sunset while sea otters played in the rocks below us... then enjoyed an incredible dinner at a restaurant that was 1 block from the hotel. The wine and cheese hour was spot on, which we enjoyed before our jaunt along the coast and breakfast was not only good but afforded more amazing views from the large bay windows in the dining hall. Overall an excellent place to stay in a quiet, cozy little corner of town!

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I decided to splurge and spoil myself for my stay in Pacific Grove and it was worth it. The location is great and the views are amazing (I was in the Stevenson room). At night I heard sea lions and in the morning I could otters playing using the binoculars provided. The rooms were very clean and comfortable and the staff were all very welcoming and friendly. The breakfast was great and very filling. Definitely glad I stayed here.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
La Playa Carmel
La Playa Carmel
#5 of 25 in Carmel
Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa

Been to Seven Gables Inn? Share your experiences!