We stayed at the Seven Gables Inn for our 25th anniversary after seeing the inn for the first time on our honeymoon. We booked our room three months out after much research. I finally called the Inn and asked which room we should book from the three we were interested in. My initial pick was Seal Rocks, and I was told by the lady taking the reservation that it was her favorite. We were after the view.
We were contacted via email two weeks before arrival and via phone about one week out. These were very nice touches. I informed Laila that I have a handicap parking placard, and she informed me that there would be a reserved parking spot for us.
We arrived about an hour before check-in with plans to just "hang out". Our parking spot was right where we had been told it would be. The grounds are exquisite with every square Inch beautifully utilized and maintained. We were met at the front door by Donna who gave us a tour of the property. Each room was more beautiful than the next. She then showed us to our room which was in the Beach House next door. When she opened the door to our room, there it was -- THE view! Breathtaking doesn't even begin to describe it. Stunning. Spectacular. Heaven on Earth.
The room was exactly as it was depicted on the website. Beautifully appointed. We knew when reserving that it was not an extra large room, but it had a queen bed, two easy chairs with a table in between, a nightstand, a window seat, and a beautiful wardrobe that housed plenty of hanging space, three drawers, and three slide outs (where you could put more clothes, etc. The bathroom was small with a single sink and little vanity. It was all marble. There was a shelving unit above the toilet that accommodated all of our products. There was a tub/shower combination. Plenty of towels. Lovely bath products. We stored our suitcases between the bed and the wall, so they were out of our way.
The bed linens were heavenly! So luxurious and the bed was comfortable.
Each day at 4:00 pm there was a lovely wine and cheese reception with at least four choices of wine and non-alcoholic sparkling choice. There we were cheeses, crudités with dip, crackers, dip, and fudge. There is always coffee, tea, and cocoa. The dips and spreads changed daily. This was also a chance to meet our fellow guests. Such sweet people! At 8:00 the homemade cookies and milk are available! These also changed daily. Yummy!
Each night our bed was turned down with Dove chocolates and a menu for the following morning's breakfast. Our room was above the dining room, and we heard very little noise from the staff. I cannot speak to the noise from the breakfast itself because we were always in the dining room from the start. What a beautiful room with stunning views and a fireplace. Attentive service. The food was delicious! We were there for four mornings. We enjoyed some of the food more than others, but that can be said of any place. There was always something wonderful to choose from. We were never disappointed.
The staff was out-of-this-world. The maids did a superb job. Everything was impeccably clean! Everyone was so friendly and eager to help. We thoroughly enjoyed each and every one we met. They truly seemed to enjoy their job and seemed proud of the inn. We loved them all: Laila, Rosita, Donna, Athena, and the lovely Linda! We miss y'all!
We were able to "peek" in several of the other rooms. The website is spot on with the pictures and descriptions. Our room was on the front of the Beach House with the street right below us. We heard very little street noise, but our windows were closed at night. We adored our room, but next time I'd like it try a different room for the fun of it! Don't shy away from the ground floor rooms -- they are wonderful. If you need privacy, just close the blinds! And the ground floor rooms allow you to view the gorgeous grounds as well as the bay!
This is a topnotch property in every way! You cannot beat the location, service, food, and views! Do not hesitate, but book early in order to get the exact room you want. We will be back as often as possible! Thank you to the incredible owners and staff for making our 25th anniversary such a memorable one!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Seven Gables Inn overlooks beautiful Monterey Bay and offers dramatic views of the Pacific Ocean and coastal mountains from all directions. ALL OCEAN VIEW ROOMS with ensuite bathrooms. Complimentary bountiful breakfast served in the oceanfront dining room overlooking Lover's Point cove. Complimentary afternoon wine and cheese pouring only Monterey County wines. Complimentary evening housemade cookies and milk to finish your day. Complimentary high speed WIFI. Free parking. Close to Monterey Aquarium, Cannery Row, 17 Mile Drive, Carmel, Big Sur and other scenic sights. View our website for additional information on rooms and special rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Seven Gables Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 7 Gables Inn
- Seven Gables Hotel Pacific Grove
- Seven Gables Inn Grand View Inn
- Seven Gables Inn Monterey