“magnificent property”

and 1 more site!
Seven Gables Inn
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We visited Pacific Grove and the Seven Gables Inn this past November. I cannot recommend this property enough. The setting is wonderful, the rooms are beautiful, and you will never sleep in a more comfortable bed. We also really enjoyed the breakfasts and the wine in the evenings. The staff was also outstanding.

Room Tip: We stayed in The Breakers - outstanding view.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BUBear_13
There are newer reviews for Seven Gables Inn

Reviewed January 12, 2013

I stayed here back in 2009 in the Breakers room.. (see review) and was finally able to return again in January of this new year. This time I wanted to try the Gables room, which used to be the play attic. I just loved it! So private, cozy.. just what i needed for my alone time I much wanted. The accommodations, customer service and breakfast buffet are all still top notch.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank schintz
Reviewed January 12, 2013

How many time have you stayed here? It only takes one visit and you'll return again and again. So much makes this a special place. There's the history of the home, the magnificent views of Monterey Bay, the lovely gardens, the uniqueness of each room, the people who work there ensuring each moment is the best it can be, the excellent breakfasts, the afternoon social time, and let's not forget the 8:00 PM cookies! Individually, each of these are wonderful, but combined, they make for a little bit of heaven on Earth. Rather the first time or the tenth, one can't wait to get there, always sad to leave, and immediately planning for the next visit. For those reading this who haven't stayed here, you'll think I'm exaggerating; those who have stayed know I'm not.

Room Tip: I've stayed in seven different rooms, each as nice as the other. Each offering something specia...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Lilibeth536
Reviewed January 2, 2013

This review is from our July 2012 visit.

My wife and I were meandering our way up the CA coast along PCH and wanted to stay somewhere nice, different and romantic between LA and SF. The Seven Gables Inn was all that if not more. Beautiful, quaint, clean, quiet, and with outstanding service and a spectacular view of Monterrey Bay.. the platitudes roll off the tongue with no end in sight.

With plenty of restaurants in the area we had no shortage of options. Breakfast was delicious. Our one and only complaint? Were were there only for one night. We will definitely be back the next time we pass through the area.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Breakers Room and loved it!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 31, 2012

From time to time, we stay at high end hotels such as Ritz Carlton and The Seven Gables Inn in Monterey/Pacific Grove, California. Of all the hotels, this is the most luxurious setting with the absolute best rooms, many with an ocean view of Monterey Bay. Even the check-in is the best: You are escorted to your room, with all questions answered. The rooms have classic antique (or nearly so) furnishings, plush carpeting and draperies, and very comfortable beds, many with a clear view of the ocean which is within 50 meters of the hotel. The included breakfast is generous again, with open ocean views. I recommend at least a two night stay. I have also given such a stay as a gift, and the response afterwards always involves wide-eyed amazement and delight. Be aware that the hotel is two floors in several buildings, with no elevators, and not all rooms have bath tubs, if that matters to you. If you do this ONCE, you will be hooked. We travel world wide, but always find ourselves here, at least 4 times a year!

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs room with ocean view-you can see every room online. Plan well ahead. Plan to b...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Over the years I’ve stayed in various rooms at the Inn, this time I decided to try the Jewell Cottage.

Imagine my surprise when I walked in to find an actual cozy (ocean view) living room, with a gas fireplace and four walls. No merged rooms in this cottage. The kitchen was also a separate room. Very comfortable and cozy. Glad the owners resisted the urge to marry the kitchen with the living room to create an open-space family type room. I had forgotten how nice it is when rooms are all separated with actual walls.

The kitchen had a small refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, plates, utensils, dining room table, four chairs and a nice area built into the counter for a laptop. No actual stove or oven but you won’t miss them.

A hallway from the kitchen leads to a large bedroom downstairs with a seating area and a large private bathroom. This bedroom also has a separate entrance.

The upstairs bedroom is accessed from a staircase off the kitchen. The master bedroom has a king size bed and two comfortable chairs for ocean viewing and a large bathroom with tub/shower combination.

The view of Monterey Bay from upstairs might not equal that of the Breaker’s, Gable or Rocky Shores rooms but you might find having a 42” television in the living room and the ability to make your own morning coffee a nice trade-off. I thoroughly enjoyed sitting by the fire, watching TV on a rainy night and watching the morning news with my coffee.

The extra space the cottage provides seems like a real plus for couples staying several days, others traveling together or those who wish a bit more privacy.

I have attached some photos of the Jewell Cottage and more are available if you wish to see them. Just email me!

As always, Laila at the front desk was very welcoming, friendly and helpful. I hope the owners realize what a gem they have with this girl!

The Inn was decorated for Christmas and sitting by the large tree in the Main Parlor, enjoying wine and cheese and chatting with other guests was very pleasant.

Everything is exceptionally clean in all rooms of the Inn and the grounds are well maintained. Every penny you spend staying at this incredible Inn is well worth it. I love this place and can’t wait to go back.

Room Tip: Breakers, Gable, Rocky Shores and Bellevue have the best views, in my opinion.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Pacific Grove has always been one of our favorite destinations within the USA and Seven Gables Inn our favorite B&B. You will not be disappointed with your room here or the service. We enjoy the long walks along the recreation trail from Lovers Point to Cannery Row.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay
Sunset Inn
Sunset Inn
#1 of 17 in Pacific Grove

Been to Seven Gables Inn? Share your experiences!