Over the years I’ve stayed in various rooms at the Inn, this time I decided to try the Jewell Cottage.
Imagine my surprise when I walked in to find an actual cozy (ocean view) living room, with a gas fireplace and four walls. No merged rooms in this cottage. The kitchen was also a separate room. Very comfortable and cozy. Glad the owners resisted the urge to marry the kitchen with the living room to create an open-space family type room. I had forgotten how nice it is when rooms are all separated with actual walls.
The kitchen had a small refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, plates, utensils, dining room table, four chairs and a nice area built into the counter for a laptop. No actual stove or oven but you won’t miss them.
A hallway from the kitchen leads to a large bedroom downstairs with a seating area and a large private bathroom. This bedroom also has a separate entrance.
The upstairs bedroom is accessed from a staircase off the kitchen. The master bedroom has a king size bed and two comfortable chairs for ocean viewing and a large bathroom with tub/shower combination.
The view of Monterey Bay from upstairs might not equal that of the Breaker’s, Gable or Rocky Shores rooms but you might find having a 42” television in the living room and the ability to make your own morning coffee a nice trade-off. I thoroughly enjoyed sitting by the fire, watching TV on a rainy night and watching the morning news with my coffee.
The extra space the cottage provides seems like a real plus for couples staying several days, others traveling together or those who wish a bit more privacy.
I have attached some photos of the Jewell Cottage and more are available if you wish to see them. Just email me!
As always, Laila at the front desk was very welcoming, friendly and helpful. I hope the owners realize what a gem they have with this girl!
The Inn was decorated for Christmas and sitting by the large tree in the Main Parlor, enjoying wine and cheese and chatting with other guests was very pleasant.
Everything is exceptionally clean in all rooms of the Inn and the grounds are well maintained. Every penny you spend staying at this incredible Inn is well worth it. I love this place and can’t wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Seven Gables Inn overlooks beautiful Monterey Bay and offers dramatic views of the Pacific Ocean and coastal mountains from all directions. ALL OCEAN VIEW ROOMS with ensuite bathrooms. Complimentary bountiful breakfast served in the oceanfront dining room overlooking Lover's Point cove. Complimentary afternoon wine and cheese pouring only Monterey County wines. Complimentary evening housemade cookies and milk to finish your day. Complimentary high speed WIFI. Free parking. Close to Monterey Aquarium, Cannery Row, 17 Mile Drive, Carmel, Big Sur and other scenic sights. View our website for additional information on rooms and special rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Seven Gables Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 7 Gables Inn
- Seven Gables Hotel Pacific Grove
- Seven Gables Inn Grand View Inn
- Seven Gables Inn Monterey