We stayed there for our honeymoon, at first they took us to our room on the second floor ( be prepared to carry your bags up LOTS of stairs- no elevator or porter service) after doing this you can skip the gym for a week. We got to the room and there were a dozen flies buzzing around ( oh no air conditioning either) I asked if they had screens for the windows? NO, at the rate they are charging you shouldnt have flies in your room buzzing you all night!
they moved us to a larger nicer room, no fireplace but it was more secluded. the room we were inn (the family suite) was like being in your grandmothers house, lots of flowery wallpaper/ lots of femine touches-nothing masculine here!- women love that-men hate it! If it wasnt paid for I would have walked out and gone to a hotel. I was not happy, this was our honeymoon and I was fit to be tied ! They had just finnished painting the hallway so the hall to the room stunk of paint. some of the windows in the room were painted shut, flies didnt seem to be a problem with this room.The hot tub area is inside and smelled of a ton of chlorine. They have one computer in the lobby which you can use to print out maps, boarding passes, ect. On the positive side, the hotel has a good view, but so do a lot of hotels and some better for less then half the cost.
The staff was freidly enought, they have a code for the door which they change everyday, so you better remember it if you want to get back in late at night! parking was no problem as they offer it below the hotel and on thier side street. The breakfast was not good. I am a vegitarian and they seem to think eggs are vegitarian? so it was granola for two days. I expected more. I have to preface this review by saying: I dont like B&B's. you never know what you are getting until you get there, with a hotel its somewhat standardized. I will go back to this area but I told my wife I wont stay at another B&B again! bottom line is it is too expensive for what you get.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine walking out the front door of your beautifully appointed room and gazing at a beachfront paradise. Take a few steps and smell the ocean and hear the baby seals as they sun themselves. The Martine Inn, a Pacific Grove hotel, provides the perfect romantic getaway for people who love nature and beachfront activities. The Martine Inn overlooks Monterey Bay and provides pristine views of the coastline. The hotel features amenities including:- Romantic Ideal Location- Stroll to Monterey Bay Aquarium and Cannery Row- Complimentary Gourmet Breakfast- Complimentary Evening Wine & Hors d'oeuvres. Complimentaty Wi-Fi. Library, Conference Room, Game Room with Billiards and Ping Pong Tables. Vintage MG Car disply. Escape to the Martine Inn for an unparalleled experience! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Martine Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Martine Hotel Pacific Grove
- Martine Inn Pacific Grove