Every year we travel to Monterey for my husband's business. We have stayed at the Martine Inn in the past and it was ok...to be quite honest, when we booked the reservations, we had forgotten that we had been there before and if we would have recalled it, I don't know if we would have stayed a second time.
The location is great. It is within walking distance of all the attractions of Monterey and Pacific Grove. But we feel the cons outweigh the pros...
When my husband booked the reservation, he asked if the Inn allowed children, which it does. So the three of us (two adults and 1 16 month old) arrived on a Friday. Checked in and realized there wasn't a TV in the room. Not that I park my child in front of the TV, but sometimes using Dora as an attention diversion works. Then they told us that they don't have a portacrib (pack n'play). So we stayed one night, all three of us in a queen sized bed, which didn't work out well and no one got any sort of good sleep (basically, we didn't get any sleep).
The next day I inquired about checking out, but we would loose our money if the room wasn't rebooked...the Inn was accommodating in that they moved us to the Family Suite, which has two TV's and two rooms. We did have to purchase a pack n'play and travel home with it (not fun nor cost effective)...the family suite did make things easier for us.
The Inn could use a little updating...iron's are NOT allowed in the rooms, although the family suite had one, which really helped out! They prefer you to use the ironing board in the main house, but when you are trying to get out the door, it's just not practical to go to another building to iron a shirt. The mini fridge is a nice touch. The breakfast does not have high chairs, so we had to eat out every morning instead of having the breakfast.
Would I recommend this place to a friend, not sure...I just wish we would have specified what we needed (we just assumed that if they were allowing children, they would have the stuff to accommodate them...and other B & B's have been able to accommodate our kids, without us having to be specific) or wish they would have asked what we needed; it would have made our stay much more pleasurable and less hectic. Casey, the girl who works the front of house, was very nice and helped move us into the family suite (again, sort of a pain to move to another room the next day of checking in).
Also said they had wireless, but it failed on our laptop.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine walking out the front door of your beautifully appointed room and gazing at a beachfront paradise. Take a few steps and smell the ocean and hear the baby seals as they sun themselves. The Martine Inn, a Pacific Grove hotel, provides the perfect romantic getaway for people who love nature and beachfront activities. The Martine Inn overlooks Monterey Bay and provides pristine views of the coastline. The hotel features amenities including:- Romantic Ideal Location- Stroll to Monterey Bay Aquarium and Cannery Row- Complimentary Gourmet Breakfast- Complimentary Evening Wine & Hors d'oeuvres. Complimentaty Wi-Fi. Library, Conference Room, Game Room with Billiards and Ping Pong Tables. Vintage MG Car disply. Escape to the Martine Inn for an unparalleled experience! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Martine Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Martine Hotel Pacific Grove
- Martine Inn Pacific Grove