“Wonderful wedding experience”

Centrella Inn
Reno, NV
“Wonderful wedding experience”
Reviewed August 30, 2006

We were privileged to stay at the Centrella Inn, where our eldest son and his fiancee were married. It was a fantastic experience, made even more memorable by the superb service given us by the entire staff. The Inn played host to two complete families, and by the conclusion of the week-end, we felt like one. It cannot be said enough that weddings are stressful, and staging one a problematic enterprise. It would not surprise me if the Centrella now advertises themselves as "the ideal place for any special occasion" because they can provide the amenities, the attention, and the excellence to maximize such important events (i. e., weddings, anniversaries, reunions). The expertise of Marion & Christine was also a firm platform from which to address ANY problem beyond the wedding party--from flower pins to tea parties!! It was like being married at home, but in a fairytale setting....

• Liked — Excellence of staff/convenience
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Tips/Secrets — Enjoy the well-kept grounds; take as many leisurely walks as you can in Pacific Grove
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
SLC, UT
Reviewed August 14, 2006

We stayed here mainly because all the other hotels/motels/b&b's were booked for a big event, so I guess I shouldn't complain that we got a room, however...

It was more like staying in a hotel/motel - i.e. impersonal. Not unfriendly, but nothing special. The breakfast was good, the bed was decent, although somewhat soft for my taste. The room was small, but to be expected from a 'Victorian' room. The bathroom was roomy, but the shower curtain was too short, so water would leak all over the floor, and therefore the floor was moldy, cracked and falling apart. The shower head was inconveniently positioned high enough for a small child (at about my chin level), and I hit my forehead on it during one of my showers. The antique bedside clock was either broken or perhaps was there just for looks?? Half the windows were painted shut, which was problematic for the record breaking high temps that we had while visiting. Noisy party/wedding or something going on across the street until around 11pm.

The location is good - although on a moderately busy street. Short walk to downtown PG, and the beach.

Stayed July 2006
CA
Reviewed August 4, 2006

Good Afternoon,

I just want to make a comment on our visit to the inn. First off we reserved a room with twin beds, when we arrived we were given one queen. Marion changed the room for us with an attitude like ok well big deal, no apology nothing. I am not even sure if we were charged correctly for our room?

We asked about anything we needed to know about the Inn while staying...we were given a paper with some information on it.
While returning to our rooms around 11:15 PM or so.... there wasn't any water to drink (we accidentally found out that there was an ice machine the next day...we saw another customer come in with some) It would be nice if the Inn had a water service, like Alhambra, that way customers will have water 24/7.

While we were looking for water (quietly) Marion came out, from up above asked us something, while poking her head down. It felt like she didn't trust us.

While eating breakfast we found Marion loud and rather abrupt. We learned things about her and other customers while eating breakfast. The atmosphere was not quiet or quaint at all with her presence in the room.

On your web site it mentioned charm....it was not our impression at all.

Our bathroom door would not latch closed, which was not comfortable while using the facilities. For the price we paid to stay at the Inn we should have not had to deal with these issues. I have stayed at other Inns in Pacific Grove, but I wanted to try Centrella. I will go back to the Gosby Inn from now on.

I am sure this wont make a difference in the Inn but I felt like I needed to say this to get it off my chest. I am aware that I can post a review on the Internet, which I am thinking about doing.

Stayed August 2006
3 Thank BWILSON
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 10, 2006

My BF and I spent one night at Centrella and had a very nice time.

We were worried by some of the mixed reviews it got here, but we were pleasantly surprised to find our room to be charming, not too small, very clean, and stocked with fluffy towels and nice toilettries. There's also a very cute garden.

The Inn is located within walking distance of restaurants (Passion Fish is AMAZING) and Lover's Point, which makes it very convienent if you plan to explore Pacific Grove on foot. Otherwise, the Monterey aquarium is about a 5 min drive.

The only disappointment was the breakfast--service was slow and the food was mediocre. You get a choice of type of eggs or pancakes/waffles. Both were kinda gross. The man in charge of breakast seem frazzled and got everyone's orders wrong. Also, the Innkeeper was a bit awkward, but not unfriendly.

Overall, Centrella is a very nice B&B. I wouldn't want to spend my honeymoon there, but I would definitely go back and stay again for a weekend.

• Stayed June 2006
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Ellwood City
Reviewed June 18, 2006

We were a party of 3 adults from different cities across US looking for a nice place to stay near the ocean. The Centrella was just what we wanted, the service was wonderful, they went out of their way to help with anything we needed. The rooms we had were a two room suite and were furnished to look like a relaxing time a long time ago. The gardens were soo beautiful, we sat outside with the provided afternoon snack. Breakfast was a choice of many cooked to order items. We were just 3 blocks up the hill from the ocean walk and were able to walk a mile into town, right beside the ocean. We had never been in that area before and were so happy with our visit.

• Stayed June 2006
2 Thank Janneymae
Galena, Illinois, USA
Reviewed March 12, 2006

We had a microscopic room for $169/night, without a television. There is no TV in the common area. The bed was uncomfortable. The fan/heater in the bathroom didn't work. The staff was unresponsive and unfriendly. The higher level staff was rude to the maids/kitchen help in front of guests. We wouldn't stay there again. On the plus side, the breakfast was good with "all you can eat", lots of choices.

Stayed March 2006
#6 of 17 in Pacific Grove
Martine Inn
Martine Inn
#2 of 8 in Pacific Grove

Been to Centrella Inn? Share your experiences!