“Pleasant Stay!”

Best Western Oxnard Inn
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Oxnard
Reviewed September 6, 2012

My husband and I were looking for a hotel near the beach and because it was a last minute reservation on a holiday weekend we didn't know what to expect. The hotel is clean and yes, it may not be on a quite street, but we never heard traffic noise from our room. Continental breakfast was good, but if you miss breakfast there is a coffee shop within walking distance. Overall we had a pleasant stay and would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Second floor
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
BWOxnardInn, Manager at Best Western Oxnard Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

We are happy to hear you had a pleasant and quiet stay at our hotel and you were able to find a room last minute. We look forward to you staying with us again the next time you are in Oxnard, CA.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

My wife and I wanted a hotel near the Sea Bee Golf Course and River Ridge Golf Course and this hotel was perfect. The staff was more than pleasent at check in and very helpfull in regards to finding a place to eat for that evening. This hotel is large and the grounds are very clean, the pool area was neat and tidy. There is a small work out room next to the pool with a laundry room attached. Rooms were clean and smelled good. If you stay there and are looking for some entertainment go north on Oxnard Blvd back to old town to fifth st. turn left and go a couple of blks and there are a choice of resturants and a 14 screen cinema. The marina in Oxnard is all but closed so don't bother going there. If we go back to Oxnard we will stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GaryVanNuysCA

The staff and I appreciate the nice comments you had regarding the service, housekeeping, and the accommodations. We hope you can plan another golf vacation soon in Oxnard, CA.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

when we were trying to find the hotel, I was really worried about where it was, it was amongst two very busy roads and not exactly pretty - BUT when we arrived the hotel was lovely - the staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and the pool was welcoming. For a one night stop its ideal - much cheaper than other areas. We did struggle a bit to find somewhere decent to eat, but that was probably our fault as we didnt ask the hotel for suggestions. Oxnard is very busy and we didnt find anywhere particularly picturesque, but to be fair we were just passing through. We actually enjoyed the breakfast - especially the sausage muffins! Not a great place to stay for more than a night, but not from the hotels point of view - just the area. Couldnt fault the hotel. Although by 2 busy roads, we found the pool area quiet and the no street noise from the roads. would recommend, but not for a longer stay.

Room Tip: ask for one behind the reception area - away from road
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank rudolph66

Thank you for your nice comments regarding the property. We are sorry that you did not speak with our front desk staff regarding things to do in Oxnard, CA. We have really good restaurants in downtown Oxnard and a really nice Brazilian and Italian restaurant in the Harbor. There is also nice beach parks and kayaking in the harbor. We hope you can come back to Oxnard, CA and spend the weekend discovering something new.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Needs a good coat of paint and some new carpets. Average location. Good breakfast. Coffee. Good. Noisy air con.
Clean but dated rooms.
Check in ok, check out early. Not easy to get a smile from the night staff.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank john k

I apologize regarding your experience with the staff and the rooms. We just had some renovations and upgraded the beds, linens, 42" televisions, and replaced many of the air conditioners. We have spoken with the staff regarding your comments and apologize if they were not giving you a smile. We hope that you can give us another chance when you are in the Oxnard area again.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

I booked this hotel on Priceline for a rate lower than the lowest available rate on the Best Western site.When I made the reservation, I was booked in to a 2 queen bed room, but since I was traveling by myself, I called the hotel and they accommodated me with a room with one King bed-non-smoking. I appreciated that. The hotel staff I interacted with were pleasant from the clerk at check-in (on a Tuesday at about 9:30 at night) to the clerk at checkout. I was surprised when i got to the room to find out it was a handicap accessible room, which I didn't need. Since this wasn't a big concern, I didn't pursue a different room. I was a little concerned about the location, near downtown Oxnard, given that I was familiar with the area. The location turned out to be fine. My room at first glance was nice. The furnishings were of good quality. Nice amenities in the room. The Wi-Fi worked nicely on my cell phone. I didn't bring my computer to use, since it was just the one night.

As I walked around, I noticed the carpet felt a bit "dirty". I looked at the bottom of my feet this morning, and they were filthy. Well, I got into the shower and I turned on the water and I could see the grunge coming off my feet. I had my glasses off, and without them, i don't see well, but I saw that! Thankfully, I had my shower shoes, so I wore then after getting out of the shower, until I put on my regular shoes. Perhaps the "dirt" was just left over rubber from wheelchairs in the room, since it was a handicap accessible room, as I said. I hope so!

I got up early, around 7, and went and had breakfast. It was adequate, the staff was refilling the items when I got there, but there were eggs, sausage, etc. Additionally, there was the traditional continental fair of pastries, breads, etc. Juice was available as well as milk, dry cereal, oatmeal packets, and coffee, with both regular and flavored creamer.

After breakfast, I decided to go back to the room and sleep for a bit. The noise level outside was quiet and the blackout curtains worked well, although I was also in a room located under a stairwell, and not one that opened up the parking lot.

I did not have a chance to use the pool, or exercise room, so I can't comment on that!

Not an bad stay, but due to the carpet issue, I would proabably NOT stay here again.

Room Tip: Make sure you confirm your room before arriving. Also, check out all the features of the room before...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank jmullins762

Thank you for your nice comments about the property. I apologize regarding the carpet in your room. With the accessible rooms, you are correct with your comments. We are working with our staff and an outside company to make sure that the carpets are taken care of in those rooms. We try not to have them down for too long as we want them available for our guests that need them. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope that you will give us another chance when you are in the area.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

The staff is good, the breakfast is ok, the room is clean and quiet-but the air conditioning barely worked. The carpeting on the stairs was dirty and torn. The pool was cold (no cover) and the spa was super hot. Some of the excercise equipment was broken, some worked. We had a problem with using our laptop in the room which required several service calls to their network. Central location was important for us. OK for the price but I wouldn't call it Best nor Plus.

Room Tip: First floor was my preference, but wound up on the second floor. Based on iffy air conditioning...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Renee002

We are happy to hear that your room was clean and quiet. I apologize that the internet technical support could not get you on the internet right away and that the pool and jacuzzi were not the temperature that you prefer. We had a service call for the gym equipment during your stay and I apologize that not all the items were available. We hope that you can give us another chance when you are in Oxnard, CA again.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

My friends and I took a trip to Oxnard for the Whale Watching cruise and found a great deal at the Best Western Plus. Pamela who is on staff there was so accommodating when we wanted to change rooms and really went above and beyond to help us. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great, inexpensive place to stay. And the breakfast was great.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank anisef

We think you are an AWESOME guest! Thank you so much for your wonderful comments regarding your experience with the hotel and our staff. We hope you can come stay with us again the next time you come Whale Watching.