“Passes all of my Demands”

Best Western Oxnard Inn
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Oxnard
Reviewed October 30, 2011

I stayed there for the majority of my 10-day stay in SoCal for business. I picked it because I like Best Westerns as a whole and the place was close to Naval Air Station Point Mugu. Staff was competent and nice. Room was good enough -- my only gripes being the coffee they provided was not too good and the wireless Internet access had its moments. But everything else was fine, especially parking and very little noise.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed September 25, 2011

My wife and I stayed two nights. This place was reasonable distance to Port Hueneme, Naval base.

First, I must say that the lady at the front desk was very nice, and gave us helpful information, maps etc. Sorry, I don't recall her name, but she's a gem.

The property is adjacent to the railroad tracks. Not a problem over night, but may be frequently noticed during the day.

The room itself was "ok", but in need of an update. The room did have free Wi-Fi, and there was a (large!) flat screen television- but most everything else looked like the glory days were in the1980's, and showed evidence of heavy use.
While there were several light fixtures in our room, in our opinion, the illumination was inadequate. Only half the light over the dressing area mirror worked, and the rest of the fixtures had yellowish/ low watt light bulbs. The rug was stained, the air conditioner was loud and right next to the bed. The chairs in the room were hard and uncomfortable.
While to price we paid was mid-range for the area, and we also had a senior discount, I think I'd pay a bit more and go elsewhere if we had to stay overnight in that area again.

We returned to our room late evening after the second day, and the room had not been refreshed. The bed was not made, and I had to go to the office to get towels, cups, coffee packs, etc. We have no idea why our room was skipped. The night clerk simply said he was sorry and that he'd "leave a note about it".

FYI-The breakfast provided was about what you'd expect- bread for toast, cereal, sausage patties, some sort of odd, cooked egg, apples, etc.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank dizfan
Reviewed September 15, 2011

we stayed here for one night while passing through Oxnard. Hotel staff was very friendly and talkative. Room was nice and clean and quiet (never heard our neighbors). All in all a good hotel to stay at.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2011

I enjoyed our stay at the "Best Western" in Oxnard, Ca. As a child I lived in Oxnard for acouple of years when my Dad was station there in Port Huemenue. The lady at the reception desk was so knowledgeable about Oxnard, that I really did enjoy talking to her.
I believe her name was Pamela. She steered me in the right directions to locate sites that I wanted to revisit. Our stay was very nice. The room price was very resonable and they also include a breakfast with, sausage and eggs, that was a surprise.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carol C
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Very friendly and helpful staff . Very comfortable room. Good value for the price. Nice breakfast that was included. I would stay here again if we ever happen to be in the area.

Room Tip: All rooms appear to be of the same quality
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2011

The hotel itself was in good condition, the room was OK, carpets could have been cleaner but over all the room was fairly up to date and clean. About what one would expect for the price. The PROBLEM is it's in a rather terrible area. My husband and I were actually concerned for our well being and wondered if we would still have a vehicle to drive when we woke up in the morning or if it might get stolen in the middle of the night. We booked through "name your own price" Priceline, We've never had an issue with the Hotels they use when we've bid on rooms in the past so we were very suprised this one made there list of 2 1/2 star hotels, just the area makes it a 1 star. We were so concerned about staying in the area that we checked out after 1 night even though we had prepaid for 4 and moved to another hotel (Marriott Residence Inn Oxnard,GREAT place by the way, wish I had booked them originally). To top off paying a 4 night price for 1 night ($326.08) I discovered a couple weeks after my stay that the hotel had charged me a second time for the 4 nights (I have gotten that credited back) and as I did not realize this amount had been taken out of my checking account it caused 7 overdraft fees from my bank totaling $215.00. I'm still waiting to see if they are going to refund me those overdraft fees. So for a 1 night stay it has cost me almost $550.00. :(

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank ConnieAW
BWOxnardInn, Manager at Best Western Oxnard Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2011

I apologize for any inconvenience you experience booking through priceline and concerning the area. Oxnard is planning many projects concerning the downtown area. There is a new CVS and shopping center accross the sreet from the hotel and the AM/PM was renovated within the past 18 months. We are centrally located next to Downtown Oxnard, 3 Miles from the beaches, 3 miles from the California Welcome Center, 15 minutes from Malibu, CA. We strive to provide every guest with a memorable stay, and have recently upgraded/renovated the property within the last 12 months becoming a BEST WESTERN PLUS Property.

Joseph Cabral
Property Supervisor

Reviewed July 6, 2011

My friends and I chose to stay at BW Oxnard Inn because of its convenient location. It was just a few minutes drive to the Channel Island Harbor (where we wanted to go to watch fireworks), close to a breakfast restaurant, and also close to the freeway.

The hotel provided the exact requests I had - to be placed at the top floor. The gentleman at the check-in was very friendly and helpful. He answered all questions promptly.

The spacious room had a king bed and a sleeper sofa (had 3 guests). Internet access was fast. Also, the room was quiet - providing an 8 hour sleep for the all of us.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends