“Mandaly Beach 3 Night Stay”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Oxnard
Foothill Ranch, CA, United States
“Mandaly Beach 3 Night Stay”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I found the staff, grounds, proximity to the beach, cleanliness way above average. Fair price. Our view was great and the deck was so large it was like an additional room Even picky travelers like me would recommend to anyone.

2 Thank Brian P
lasdikian, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear Brian P,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review of our resort, we appreciate it! Thank you as well for the recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Lisa Asdikian

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (433)
  • Korean first
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Right on the beach.......Lots to keep teens busy. Bike ridding, basketball, tennis and a gym. We love it for family reunions. The breakfast is included in the price and it is excellent. We like the place so much were going to plan our 50th Wedding Anniversary. Our family and friends will totally enjoy the place.

Dear 245annettec,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review of our resort, we appreciate it! Everything you alluded to is true, however it truly is our team members that go above and beyond everyday to ensure all guests are fully satisfied. Congrats to you and your spouse on your upcoming 50th wedding anniversary, we would be thrilled to earn your business!

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Worst hilton experience so far. I booked a two queen beds suite for the purpose We will have three beds(include the sofa bed) in two rooms. I am a gold member and used hilton website to book the room just for the purpose I can get the exact room type. We checked in 9:00 in the evening, took front desk a while to find us a room. However, after we drove around, parked the car and got all our luggage into our room, we found it was a king suite instead of two queens. Apparently front knew she could not find a two queens and choose not to tell us up front. When I came down to switch to a two queens room as I booked, I was told two queens are all gone. I was offered a half price if I can go with two queens. However, we do need three bed so each of us can be on one's own bed and hotel does not provide rollaway. After front desk talked to her supervisor, I was offered a free stay or pay the same amount and move to Hampton inn for two rooms. I chose to move to Hampton inn, it took us an extra one and half hour to settle down, with a tired kids with us, it is very inconvenient.

There are two issues here, how can embassy suite sell out a room that had been booked and guaranteed by a credit card. If it is an airline overbooking, at least they will ask for a volunteer first and compensate them. Second issue is more serious, if hotel no longer has the room type customer booked, hotel really should tell customer upfront instead of wasting time and hope customer can just take it. This is an issue for honesty and integrity. I hope the hotel can take it seriously.

Room Tip: Do not assume hotel will always check you into a room type you booked, double check up front will he...
4 Thank Weijie T
Dear Weijietang,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our resort. This absolutely concerns me and saddens me to know one of our team members was not up front and honest prior to sending you to your suite. We will certainly investigate this internally and coach and counsel the team member accordingly. I welcome you to contact me directly at 805-760-9000 to discuss further as this should have never happened and I assure you this is not the norm at our resort and will be reiterated to all team members.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 17, 2014

This is a very good, family friendly resort on the ocean about an hour north of Los Angeles. The rooms are spacious, though recent remodels have made them somewhat less user-friendly (though prettier). The hotel offers the usual Embassy Suites breakfast and cocktail hour. Unlike most other Embassy Suites, the hotel is comprised of several two-and three-story buildings in beautifully landscaped grounds. The hotel is on the beach with great walking and bike-riding options.

1 Thank BarbaraR76
Dear BarbaraR76,

Thank you for taking the time to leave our resort a review, we appreciate it! We are very fortunate to be a very unique Embassy Suites and the only Embassy Suites to sit right on the beach! Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Tulare, California
Reviewed April 16, 2014

We stay at this resort hotel as often as we can. Its a slice of paradise on the Cetral Coast tucked away from the regular tourist areas. The grounds and beach make you feel like you have traveled thousands of miles away. A great tropical feel with no passport required. Front desk always very friendly and remember past guest by name. Thank you Erika for your outstanding custumer service. You made my husbands birthday getaway special. Also front desk Tyson you always ensure all guest have a great experience. Great complimentary breakfast and evening reception. Marta and Mary hard working bartenders always with a smile on their faces and Clayton the hardest working young man who runs to keep the chips, salsa, and hot snacks repenished even when the hungry crowd keeps filling their plates he literally runs to keep all platters full. I could stay for a week and never get bored.

Room Tip: Resort and poolviews are a bargan but if you want to spluge the oceanview are amazing.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
lasdikian, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear LoriH63,

Thank you for taking the time to leave our resort such an amazing review. As you alluded we do have a magnificent location however it truly is our team members that make all the difference in guest experience. Thank you for providing specific names and please know that each team member you listed will receive special recognition! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Friendly professionalism by the staff at the front desk! Cyndle is the best hotel staff person I've ever worked with in my 30 years of military travel! Rose at the front desk was very helpful confirming the 8 rooms I had reserved for my family who came in town for my Navy retirement ceremony and party. The hotel was at max capacity that weekend and as a guest you would not have known it. I would highly recommend this resort for a relaxing weekend getaway or business travel. It is by far the best hotel with the most friendliest staff in Ventura County.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Chris L.,

I truly cannot take this smile off of my face as I write this note, thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review on our resort. We absolutely appreciate your kind words and will definitely recognize both Cyndle & Rose on their excellent delivery. Congratulations on the retirement and please come back and visit soon!

San Francisco, United States
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I was there for a conference and stayed 4 nights. Their staff is outstanding. Each and every person bent over backward to honor requests. They were kind, prompt, attentive, and all around "The Bomb!!!". I was very impressed that a full breakfast and Happy Hour was included in the rates. Particularly if you are there with a family, that's a great deal. Granted the weather was absolutely perfect but I really enjoyed my stay at this place. The meeting rooms were consistently warm, making them somewhat uncomfortable for a conference.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Leslie S.,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review on our resort. We are very fortunate with our location and the amazing weather we receive here however to your point it truly is our team members that make all the difference. As well we will certainly visit the meeting room temperature with our Banquet team to ensure we are providing a comfortable meeting room to all attendees moving forward.

Lisa Asdikian
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oxnard
Homewood Suites by Hilton Oxnard/Camarillo
Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor
Crowne Plaza Ventura Beach
Hilton Garden Inn, Oxnard/Camarillo
Ventura Beach Marriott
Ventura Beach Marriott
#5 of 23 in Ventura
Wyndham Garden Ventura Pierpont Inn

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach Resort? Share your experiences!