This is a great place for any getaway (family, friends, solo, or couple's retreat) ON the beach! The newly renovated suites are the most comfortable and roomiest I've had at a Hilton. Our double queen suite had a large bedroom with an en suite bath and a sliding door to the balcony which gave a full ocean view. The living area was complete with a large bar with a sink, microwave and fridge, a second full bathroom, large desk/office space, and a large lounge next to a second sliding door which opened to the spacious balcony as well. As I said to my family, "I could live here!" Like all Embassy Suites our stay included breakfast daily and a manager's reception, both very well appointed and managed. The dining area is clean and huge and the dining staff is truly exceptional. The restaurant serves many dishes with large portions and, for a resort environment, is not overpriced. The bar is fully serviced and it's nice not to have to pay $15 for a cocktail drink.
With all that perfection, why do I give only four stars? I'm sorry to say that our check-in was to blame. The young lady who checked us in was not proactive nor gracious in her efforts when our room was not ready. We arrived between 3 and 3:30pm, when check-in is at 3. We were told housekeeping was working on our room but it would be ready after we took a stroll by the pool or to the beach, and the receptionist said she would give us an update by phone. To cut a long story short, we were not kept updated on our room and we were ignored when we returned to the lobby until we placed a complaint to a more proactive staff member; we finally got to our room two hours after our arrival. To make up for our situation after clearly, but patiently, letting the second receptionist know we were annoyed with the delay and how it was handled, he gave us a late lunch (more than an hour after we arrived and just before the dinner hour) on the house, which was great! However, I will always remember that check-in experience as the worst ever at any hotel. The reason for the delay? Housekeeping ran out of clean sheets for our beds and had to launder them as we waited!
Once we arrived at our room our stay was impeccable. I would surely return here again and hope for a better situation upon arrival!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Mandalay Beach Hotel And Resort
- Embassy Suites Mandalay Beach Hotel Oxnard
- Embassy Suites Oxnard
- Mandalay Beach Resort Oxnard
- Oxnard Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suite Hotel Mandalay Beach Resort Oxnard