Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach Resort
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Oxnard
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Best location on the coast. Excellent staff, good rooms with terrific ocean views. Be sure to request a ocean front room when booking. Restaurant not so good, but good restaurants in Ventura. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
lasdikian, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for sharing your comments and we will look forward to welcoming you back!

Best Regards, Lisa Asdikian, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,227)

Reviewed September 13, 2013

As many folks have said in other reviews, the property is tired. It needs a facelift, renovation and some new carpeting and good scrub cleaning. It is not "dirty" however for the name of Embassy it needs some work. If this was a Hampton Inn and Suites Resort like in Florida Pensacola Beach then I would probably rate this Excellent. The views are nice, the rooms are cold with a good A/C system. Two bathrooms, Even the TV Controller are worn. The walkways don't take vibration very good. People walking fast sound like kids running. Embassy always does a good job with breakfast. I had no issues with the staff. I ran along the walkway of the beach and I enjoyed hearing the water rushing in. Eating places are mandatory car drive of 7 - 12 minutes. As long as you manage your expectations, you will enjoy the property. There appears to a little maze. You may walk and the path dead ends into some suites. There could be some signage. Never forget your key because if you go to the beach or exit the grounds for a walk along the beach you will need your car to reenter the property. I would stay again; however, I would try to select a suite that is adjacent to the central courtyard next to the pool and Jacuzzi. FYI, the pool and Jacuzzi closes at 10PM and the Fitness Center is open 24 hours. Oh yeah, there is no resort fee!

Room Tip: Get a room close to the central court year or facing the beach if the price is not much for the upgr...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We have undergone a renovation of our guest’s suites this past year in addition to many of the public areas, and we continue to upgrade and improve the property. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed our location and our complimentary breakfast. If you visit with us again, you might try some of the restaurants in Channel Islands Harbor, right next door. It is convenient and has some interesting choices. We do hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I was in the area for business and this hotel was recommended to me by a colleague. It is in a nicer part of Oxnard. It really does have a resort feel and I could see myself coming back here with the family. The check in was quick and convenient and the lobby is pretty impressive. The room was not close by and I was surprised that I had to pay for parking, given that the hotel is pretty far out from anything really. You are given a map to find your room so things are pretty spread out. I was in a standard room, but it was very spacious with two main rooms, two bathrooms and a great king sized bed. The overall the rooms were well furnished and my only complaint is the lighting. The hotel uses CCFL bulbs and some of them are well past their prime, taking an age to warm up and come to full brightness and color temperature. It's time to replace them! The hotel is by nature pretty quiet but I was disturbed by people walking outside and by the elevator, which was unfortunately right outside my window. My profile specifically says 'quiet room, not on ground floor, not near elevator' so that was a one out of three score. There is also some noise from your neighbors, and I could imagine that if I had stayed in peak season with lots of kids running around, my review might well be different.
I ate both dinner and breakfast in the hotel and given that it was the shoulder season, things were relaxed and not busy. Dinner was well presented and served quickly. Breakfast is more of a DIY thing and seating was somewhat hard to come by. I was also surprised that they stop breakfast at 9:00 in the week, which seem early for a resort style hotel.

Overall I would come back again but will pay a bit more attention to the room I am allotted.

Room Tip: Not on ground floor and not in the middle of a block as you could be close to the elevator.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay. We do have a minimal parking fee, but we do include many complimentary amenities for our guests. We always strive to meet our guest’s requests whenever possible and I apologize that you did experience some noise. We would welcome the opportunity to serve you again as we value your business and we want your stay to be the best it can be!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

The location is beautiful, the hotel property is clean, the suites are huge, the front desk was always helpful, and happy hour was great. I did find that room service was horrible; they did not answer the phone (I had to call the front desk, who sent someone over to the restaurant and had them call me). Not happy with the 18% gratuity tacked on for that!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

I appreciate you sharing your comments. I am very pleased that you enjoyed our property and our spacious guest suites. I am so sorry that you did not have excellent service. I will make sure our management team reviews your comments to improve this in the future. I hope you will visit with us again.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Excellent- great value and magnificent setting. Steps away from the beach- staff accomodating Quiet even though it was a busy family weekend beautiful grounds- felt like high end luxury without the cost and was very convenient for what we wanted

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

It’s so nice to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us and that you enjoyed our location and property. We will look forward to your return!

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Beach, big pool, jacuzzis, tennis, game room, spa, breakfast and evening reception all included. Beach has sand crabs which keeps the kids busy for hours. Service at the pool so you can stay all day and not have to move!

• Stayed: July 2013
lasdikian, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments. I’m glad you and your family enjoyed our property. We will look forward to welcoming you back again!

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We spent 5 nights at this hotel with our 3 kids last August. On the positive side, the hotel is located on the beach and it has a nice swimming pool + bubble baths, so the kids liked it!. Our reservation also included complimentary breakfast and drinks (between 5 and 7).
On the down side, we found service in general to be average and the restaurant very, very noisy. Our room -which was advertised on the hotel website as 'renovated'- had a stale look to it which humidity stains in the bathroom and on the frame of our balcony door. There is no free internet access in the rooms and parking is charged 16$/day!

Room Tip: Best rooms are on the 3rd floor (no kids running on the upper floor) and have an ocean view
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

I do appreciate your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our location and our many complimentary guest amenities. We do charge a minimal fee for parking, but we also offer the guest amenities included in the hotel rate as you mentioned. We did undergo a recent renovation of our property and added many new features and upgrades to the suites. I apologize that your suite was not in working order. I will make sure our housekeeping staff is aware of this to resolve this issue in the future. I do hope you will consider visiting us again.

Best Regards, Lisa Asdikian, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oxnard
Homewood Suites by Hilton Oxnard/Camarillo
Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor
Hilton Garden Inn, Oxnard/Camarillo
Residence Inn Oxnard River Ridge
Crowne Plaza Ventura Beach
5 mi away
Courtyard Oxnard Ventura

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach Resort? Share your experiences!