Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach Resort
$159
Residence Inn
$170
Homewood
Best Western Oxnard Inn(Oxnard)(Great Value!)
$138
$130
BestWestern.com
$85
$82
$128
Hotels.com
Courtyard Oxnard Ventura(Oxnard)(Great Value!)
$146
$129
Orbitz.com
$80
$79
2,315 results
All reviewsocean frontan ocean view roombeautiful resorthappy hourfree drinksmandalay beachparking garagebeach accessevening receptiongreat beachthe managersfull bathroomswet barfamily vacationsand dunesfirst flooromelet
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We spent 5 nights at this hotel with our 3 kids last August. On the positive side, the hotel is located on the beach and it has a nice swimming pool + bubble baths, so the kids liked it!. Our reservation also included complimentary breakfast and drinks (between 5 and 7).
On the down side, we found service in general to be average and the restaurant very, very noisy. Our room -which was advertised on the hotel website as 'renovated'- had a stale look to it which humidity stains in the bathroom and on the frame of our balcony door. There is no free internet access in the rooms and parking is charged 16$/day!

Room Tip: Best rooms are on the 3rd floor (no kids running on the upper floor) and have an ocean view
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
lasdikian, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

I do appreciate your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our location and our many complimentary guest amenities. We do charge a minimal fee for parking, but we also offer the guest amenities included in the hotel rate as you mentioned. We did undergo a recent renovation of our property and added many new features and upgrades to the suites. I apologize that your suite was not in working order. I will make sure our housekeeping staff is aware of this to resolve this issue in the future. I do hope you will consider visiting us again.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We arrived the Tuesday after Labor Day for 4 nights. Our room in building 7 faces the ocean, very nice!! We are surprised by the number of families with children this time of year. The breakfast is plentiful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the ocean. We were on the first floor with easy access to the beach. The property is lovely with many rooms facing the pool.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us! Please do visit us again!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Visited the Saturday before Labor Day. When I tried to check in at 3:00 pm, this lady told me that the room wasn't ready but it would be shortly. Came back at about 3:40 pm to the same lady. She said that it's still not ready but it should be ready in 30 minutes. When I asked "isn't check-in at 3:00?" she responded that there was a large group that just checked out. Basically she just made an excuse and didn't even apologize. I know it's not her fault as many others had to wait but at least should've tried to be more personable and that her job matters. What guest that pays $300/night wants to hear excuses. So I got back in line and was ready to see the same lady 45 minutes later. She raised her hand and just as she was saying "I can help the next person" she saw that I was next in line and then tried her hardest to avoid me. She got on the phone, went to the back, came back out and then back on the phone again. She did this for 10 minutes. Finally, the guy next to her was available so I went to him. He apologized for the delay and actually upgraded the room to a pool view. I normally have a high tolerance for poor service but I thought this would be a good time to write about this check-in experience.

Finally checked into our room at about 4:30. Ordinarily, I wouldn't have been as annoyed to wait but we were only staying for one night and the lady just added to the annoyance. She should work in another industry or at least work behind the scenes where she doesn't deal with people. In any event, the location was great. When we went to the beach we even saw dolphins swim by in the ocean. We played foosball in the game room and also saw some men play basketball on the half court. All in all, I would probably come back just because it does feel like a resort like the ones I go to in Mexico, especially when they have free drinks in the evening.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
lasdikian, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am so sorry you didn’t have a positive experience at check-in. I know how frustrating that can be. I will be reviewing this with our front desk management so this can be avoided in the future. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our property, the amenities and our seaside location. We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

for the price and for the awesome suite we were assigned, the experience was excellent! the room was clean, newly renovated, a few feet from the beach, this was a great place to be at during the labor day holiday.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

I am so pleased you had a great visit with us and enjoyed the Labor Day weekend at our property. We value your business and we look forward to your return!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel was excellent. The room was right on the beach. Every night we were treated to a beautiful sunset while sitting on our porch.

The food was excellent, it sometimes was crowded at the breakfast area. The nightly reception was good too.

The only thing that keeps this from being excellent was that after already paying for a room, we also had to pay to park every day.

Room Tip: The king suites on the upper floor on the beach side are the best.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

I appreciate your sharing your feedback! It’s so nice to hear that you had a wonderful stay! We do charge a minimal fee for parking, but we do include many free guest amenities such as the complimentary breakfast and evening cocktail reception. Please do visit us again!