“Embassy Suites in Oxnard, CA”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach Resort
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Oxnard
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Upside: Location of hotel is right on beach; however no restaurants or shops close by. Hotel lobby and grounds are very nice; pool / spa are well maintained. The room was a nice size with 2 bathrooms. Downside: The cleanliness and upkeep of the room was terrible. Carpet turned our socks brown; mold in the shower; patio looked like it had never been cleaned & chairs on patio were very rusted; sliding doors dirty; bathroom floors were dirty; bedroom window was cracked and so dirty we couldn't see out; the dry wall around the window was literally coming off. This was a $400 + room. Unless I could be assured these issues were resolved, I would never go back. The breakfast was a free for all; so many people the staff could not keep up. We left. The manager's reception was the same, the line for a drink never went away. The pool towel situation seemed pretty silly, you are in a Hilton hotel and you have to present a pool card and return the towels if you want towels the next time (has to be a better way).

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Doris C
lasdikian, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. I am so sorry that your room was not up to standards. I apologize for this, and I will be consulting with our housekeeping staff to make sure that all rooms are cleaned properly. We are in high summer season right now, so I know it can be frustrating to endure longer lines with our breakfast and evening cocktail reception. Our pool policy was established to ensure that every guest is able to obtain a towel for use while on property. I apologize for the inconvenience. We hope you will reconsider visiting us again. And, if you do travel this way, you might venture into Channel Islands Harbor, right next door to us, which has a number of interesting restaurants. Again, thank you for sharing your feedback.

Best Regards, Lisa Asdikian, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,267)

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Nice hotel friendly staff. The pool was nice as was the complimentary breakfast. cost of parking and the fact that they charged for internet service in the suite was disappointing. I would stay again but would be sure to check the fees a little closer

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We do have a couple of minimal guest charges, but we also include many free amenities. I hope you will consider visiting us again.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I really enjoyed staying in this hotel with my family. Not to mention, my wife and I stayed there a few weeks prior, on our own little getaway.

We had a room issue upon check-in, but the manager quickly resolved the problem with an upgrade. That says a lot.

Oxnard is a great city. Completely underrated. The weather tends to be overcast, but usually around midday the sun pops out to offer a cool sunny day. The hotel overlooks the beach and is a quick walk to a nice park as well. The facility has a kid center, basketball and tennis court, which all come in handy while the sun is burning through the clouds. Lastly, the free drinks between 5-7pm and fantastic breakfast (plenty of kosher options) hits the spot.

Room Tip: Ocean view will be nicer than resort view. I stayed in both the presidential suite and regular suit...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your comments with us! I am delighted that you found our property to be an ideal spot for your family vacation as well as a weekend getaway for you and your wife. I am pleased to hear that you had excellent service during your stay and that you enjoyed the city as well. We will look forward to your return!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Our room was absolutely fantastic! A 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom suite with tons of space! It was immaculate and luxurious. We had perfect views of the ocean from our spacious oceanfront balcony. The pool and hot tub were clean and inviting. The Coastal Grill has delicious food and friendly service. This place truly had a resort feel and we will definitely be back!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Christine G

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and had a wonderful visit. We are fortunate to be located in a beautiful setting which definitely adds to our guests’ experience. And, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our new restaurant too. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed August 4, 2013

The overall facility was nice (not the usual Embassy Suite setup - must have been built by another company and bought by Embassy Suites), but I was refused a 1 hour checkout extension, despite the facility not being full or my room being booked the day I checked out! This is a large resort facility located on the beach and not a standard Embassy Suite setup. Nice for families on vacation.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
lasdikian, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay. I apologize that you were not able to get a late check-out. We do try and accommodate our guests whenever possible even during our high summer season. We value your business and I am glad you found our resort to be a nice destination for your family vacation. Please do visit us again as we would welcome the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Rooms are not up to date. No USB ports to speak of. Room was musty and hallway smelled of rotting fish. Tile floor entry was sandy upon arrival and ceiling fan had so much dust it was hanging down from the blades. Location is great as well as the beach. Check with the front desk regarding breakfast times as the guest services book in the room was off by a half hour.

2  Thank Jordan T

I appreciate you taking the time to write to us. We recently underwent a renovation of our guest suites and we are continuing to update our property. I am forwarding your comments regarding your suite to our housekeeping team so we can take care of any issues. I hope you will reconsider visiting us again as your business is important to us and it is our goal to provide the best possible experience for all of our guests.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I booked an oceanview room to enjoy the beach after coming from Universal Studios (1 hr drive). The lobby was impressive. As we checked in, the receptionist was excited to tell me that we received a complimentary upgrade. Indeed, it was something the whole family loved. We were in the first floor, oceanfront suites! The rooms were huge! The patio door opens not directly to a sandy beach but to a well manicured lawn into an endless beach. The swimming pool were not too crowded but it was a weekday. The bike rental outside the hotel was a plus. We just stayed at the resort for 2 days, with kids playing at the beach, biking, playing table tennis, and basketball.They have a tennis court too. It was a relaxing trip for us. As my young daughter would say, this is "The best hotel ever!"

1  Thank larpi311

Thank you for sharing your comments with us! I am so pleased to hear that you had a wonderful experience during your visit and that you thoroughly enjoyed our property and location. We will look forward to your return!

Best Regards, Lisa Asdikian, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oxnard
Homewood Suites by Hilton Oxnard/Camarillo
Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor
Residence Inn Oxnard River Ridge
Hilton Garden Inn, Oxnard/Camarillo
7 mi away
Wyndham Garden Ventura Pierpont Inn
Crowne Plaza Ventura Beach

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach Resort? Share your experiences!