Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Oxnard
simi valley, United States
“4 day stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the hotel for 4 day. We were very busy during the day and did not spend much time at the hotel. The hotel is very beautiful, and our suite was roomy and comfy. Both the pool and the spa are huge. The hotel breakfast was just ok. Not a lot of variety. The only other issue I had was the leaky faucet in the shower , and very noisy neighbors

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

lasdikian, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I am glad you enjoyed our spacious suites and the amenities on property. We are making many improvements to the resort this year including the complimentary breakfast. I will also alert our management team to your room issue. Please do visit us again.

Best Regards, Lisa Asdikian, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (423)
  • Korean first
Mill Valley, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

We paid for an ocean view room but we could only see if the ocean if we left our room. We saw sand dunes. Free breakfast was NOT the standard ES fare but buffet style. Food extremely salty. Managers Reception used poor quality alcohol and wine was undrinkable. I would certainly not stay at this location again. First time we've had a bad experience with ES.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

1 Thank Daniel F
I do appreciate you sharing your comments with us and I apologize that you did not have a better experience. We are undergoing many improvements on property including our complimentary breakfast and evening Manager’s Reception. I take your comments very seriously as we move forward with our renovations and upgrades to the resort. I hope you will reconsider visiting us again in the future.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

Only stopped here for one night at the end of my honeymoon. It was a great stay just unfortunate we couldn't stay longer
The suite was a good size and the bed was very comfy but the best thing was the location right on the edge of the ocean.
The complimentary breakfast was adequate and the managers free bar between 5.30-7.30 was a nice touch helping me sleep well that night
Deffinately be visiting again

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your comments! I am so pleased you enjoyed our suites and our seaside location. We will be enhancing our complimentary breakfast as part of the improvements we are making to the property this year. It’s nice to hear that you ended your honeymoon on a good note by staying with us! We will look forward to your return.

Canyon Country, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

I havea manual wheelchair i was put in the BACK 40 BY TENNIS COURTS. after many complaints to dayshift manager that I was not happy. I decided to check out.. went to front desk to check out but the night shift supervisor " Tyson" was at the front desk. asked me how I was. I told him do you really want to know! he came from behind the desk and asked how he could help me I told him the story of my experience of the day. needless to say he was understanding and helpful wonderful manager even though I was at my whist's end he changed my mind and made everything right. kudos to him... he put me& MY COMPANION in a room closer to the main portion of the resort. much better for me to access events and people and enjoy my stay.. he also had my things retrieved and brought to my new room. once this was all done &said I ended up staying and having a blast. a valet tim helped me to exit my vehicle &enter the resort he needed no direction on how to help someone with a disability that personal touch of these employees is what make people want to come back to enjoy this resort.. AGAIN &AGAIN.!!!!!!!!!! ALOHA AND MAHALO TO TIM & TYSON.

Room Tip: not by the tennis courts or basketball courts. Corner suites are large and sunny "its a beach r...
      Cleanliness
lasdikian, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
It’s so nice to hear that our staff was so accommodating to you during your recent stay with us. We are very proud of our team and I will be sure to personally recognize their efforts as well. Please do visit us again!

Los Alamitos
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

This isn't a typical Embassy Suites' good experience. Pros: The rooms are larger, though. Nice to have little fridge and microwave. View from a nice-sized balcony with 2 tall chairs and table, accessible from BR & living room. Right on beach. Scenery at the hotel is nice with a couple of waterfalls; succulents. Huge breakfasts (free) & Manager's Happy Hr. with crudite', pocorn, corn chips, salsa & drnks +/- alcohol (free). Beds very comfortable, except pull-out, which was the thinnest mattress ever, Cons: In the middle of nowhere. Had to wait 1 1/2 hrs past check in time for the room to be ready. St ill wasn't ready, so we just went up anyway, without all cleaned & lack of soap, etc. No restaurants at the "resort" nor nearby, so you have to drive miles to get to stores/food. Scenery away from hotel is drab sand with dried scrub brush & dead plants; oil derecks. Many fields of strawberries covered & plowed up dirt. Bird droppings on top of all balconies/walkways, so you can't lean over or hold-on. A lot of walking, since the buildings are spread out. Had A/C turned on day and night, but couldn't get the room to cool down, unless door open, which turns off A/C; very humid. Expensive, considering all the cons. They do have bikes & surries to rent, which is the extent of the "resort". Wi-Fi only in the sparsely furnished lobby!

Room Tip: The beach view rooms have such a nice large balcony, but seagull droppings everywhere!
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our spacious suites and beachfront location. We are in the middle of opening up a brand new restaurant which we are very excited to offer to our guests and we are also making many improvements in guest services this year, including internet access. In addition, we are undergoing a number of other renovations on property including the renovation of our lobby, which is scheduled to be completed soon. We are located adjacent to Channel Islands Harbor that contains a number of additional restaurants for guests. Should you visit us again in the future, we can provide you with a Visitor’s Guide of the area attractions and nearby restaurants that will help enhance your stay.

Santa Maria, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Location difficult to get to. Rooms were average at best. Service was non existent. The valet was the only kind person there. Others actwd though they were either too busy or too good to assist us or even be friendly.

We called for extra pillows and sheets for the foldaway bed that never came.

We asked for a wake up call that never happened and the manager said their system went down with no apology or proposal to assist us.

Pool hours say they open at six but were still cleaning the pool past eight thirty.

For room location and ambiance, check the photos. You can do better elsewhere. The breakfast was their saving grace, but it was crowded with lines for the omelets and noisy kids.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
I am so sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience during your recent stay with us. It is important that our guests receive the highest quality in service possible and I do not take your comments lightly. I am sharing this feedback with our management team. We have moved our breakfast into a new location to help minimize the lines and we are working to make additional guests improvements. Thank you for bringing these issues to my attention.

Los Angeles, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Despite excellent location, room, and pool set-up, this is not quite a "resort". It would get the fifth star if they a. had wifi, and b. had a restaurant that was open. They ought to drop the "resort" part too--more a hotel with muscular amenities. But boy, what a great location! Huge rooms too, our two queen, 2 bath suite could have fit 6 comfortably. Property is right on the shore with a convenient gate between the central pool area and the beach. We left the window open and listened to the waves at night. $260+ is a bit steep but will be worth it when they open the restaurant and GET SOME WiFi!!!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
I appreciate your feedback and we will be enhancing our guest services this year starting with the opening of a brand new restaurant. We also will be improving our internet access for our guests. I am glad you enjoyed our large guest suites and seaside location. We hope you will reconsider visiting us again in the future to experience the many improvements in the works.

Best Regards, Lisa Asdikian, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oxnard
Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor
Homewood Suites by Hilton Oxnard/Camarillo
Hilton Garden Inn, Oxnard/Camarillo
Crowne Plaza Ventura Beach
Ventura Beach Marriott
Ventura Beach Marriott
#5 of 22 in Ventura
BEST WESTERN Oxnard Inn

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach Resort? Share your experiences!