“Great views & amenities.”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Oxnard
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Great views & amenities.”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Wonderful views from ocean rooms, lovely beach for a walk, great complimentary beverage reception. Could improve upon valet services quality of TVs in the rooms. Free wi-fi in rooms would be nice, too.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
lasdikian, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your ocean front suite and the amenities we offer to our guests. Thank you for your feedback. We will be revamping our Internet service and I will also share your comments with our management team. We would welcome having you visit us again in the future!

Best Regards, Lisa Asdikian, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (433)
  • Korean first
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I tried to send the Hotel a message, but couldn't find a way to do it, so here goes: Our room was great, even reception great, breakfast both days was the most disorganized buffet, etc., that I've EVER seen! We've stayed at approx. 8 different Embassy Suites in CA and have NEVER seen such a fiasco. I ate my oatmeal with a fork--until someone found tiny plastic spoons. Ran out of bowls next to the cereals, people were looking thru the cupboards. Made to order, well, only want to do this if you don't mind standing in a very long line, which we didn't. Ran out of plates, out came paper plates, kept running out of silverware, creamer....on and on. My suggestion would be to have at least 1 person watch the various areas to make sure that utensils, etc., are not totally out. Re made to order: maybe another cook? 2nd day was just as bad, or worse than the 1st. Need to make some changes here!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
lasdikian, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your guest suite and evening reception but I am so sorry you did not have a good experience with our complimentary breakfast. This is unacceptable and I am sharing your comments with our management team. We are planning a number of improvements in guest services this year and we take your comments very seriously. Thank you for providing this information to us, and I hope you will consider visiting us again in the future.

Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I enjoyed my stay, the food, the staff, the jacuzzi, the ocean and pool views, and almost everything else. They need to fix their ant issues, but that's easily solvable.

Great spot to relax and barely a few miles off the 101, I never knew this place existed. Can see 3 of the channel islands from here!

Room Tip: Pool facing rooms also tend to have an ocean view, in the 400 building on the 2nd or 3rd floor has b...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chad W
lasdikian, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
I am so glad you discovered us and that you enjoyed your stay! I will alert our management team to the ant issue so we can quickly resolve it. We hope you will visit us again!

Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I was there two nights, but checked in really early, so was there practically three days. The clerk went out of her way to find me the kind of room I requested for an early checkin. I was in a room that was considered "beach facing," which meant that I could see the sand dunes, but not the water. I think there are other rooms that actually look out at the water, but I was happy, because I could run on the beach every day. My room had four sinks altogether. The living room area was bigger than most Embassy Suites and very modern. I had a little patio, so could stand outside (unlike the old Embassy Suites that only look into the middle of the hotel). I went to the breakfast both days and ordered an egg white omelet and fresh fruit. The omelet guy was very friendly and helpful. I never attended the evening happy hour, didn't use the pool, and didn't use the fitness center. When I requested a late checkout (normal is 11 a.m., which is pretty early), the clerk kindly allowed me two extra hours. I think a car is necessary; I can't think of anything close enough for walking (other than the beach, which was lovely, of course). Parking was underground and although the property is very spread out, so is the parking, so you can park close to the elevator/stairs nearest your room.

Room Tip: Choose the upgrade-for-$5 option. This gave me a beach-facing room with patio.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank LeakyB85
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our spacious suites, amenities and location. And, I am so pleased to hear that you experienced excellent service. We are quite proud of our team here. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed February 5, 2013

This Embassy Hotel was the hub of a family get together in Oxnard. Only there for one night, and just for the lodging, as a restaurant in town was used for the party. Our room was very nice and clean. The other family members commented that their rooms were comfortable enough to have housed a few more of the young adults, instead of them having their own rooms. I understand the hotel allowed our family members that were not guests to partake in the evenings happy hour, although I did not personally make the arrangement. Breakfast was nice, and the location is beach front. It's not a huge facility, but there were other family groups staying there, and I don't think anyone was in anyone else's way. We could hear the kids playing in the pool, but it seemed to stop at a relatively decent hour, did not interfer with our sleep. So check with the front desk if this would bother you. At this writing there was not a restaurant on the property, under renovation.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
lasdikian, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you for writing about your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit and the services we offer to our guests. We will soon have a new restaurant opening in the spring in addition to other improvements on property. Please do visit us again!

Monterey
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Kids running upstairs! Just know that you have to be on the top floor or you will be disturbed. Towels worn and thin, in room coffee is the worst. Would never come on vacation, had to be here for work. Rom was hot and can't open windows for safety. This is my first review, but felt like I had to warn other travelers.

Room Tip: Top floor is the only way to have a decent room and valet park.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank B R
I am sorry we were not able to provide you with a satisfactory experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we take your feedback about the noisy neighboring guests very seriously. I have shared your review with our security team to ensure that this is not an issue in the future and to make sure that we are offering options in this type of situation such as providing an alternative room. I also appreciate your feedback regarding the quality issues in your rooms and will address your comments with the appropriate teams. We are striving to make many improvements to our property and I do hope you will consider staying with us the next time you travel our way.

Chantilly, Virginia
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My stay was in January...so no beach time...but the surroundings and landscape was very nice. There is a remodeling of the main lobby area, which made it rather noisy during my stay. However, others that have stayed there in the past said it is a wonderful place to stay. I found the stay to be very nice and accomidating. I would recommend this facility. I imagine it is really nice during the summer.

Room Tip: If you love breakfast....this is the place to stay....wonderful breakfast...eggs made to order by a...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JD P
Thank you for sharing your comments. We are undergoing a number of renovations on our property to enhance what we provide to our guests. I apologize for the noise you encountered during the recent renovation to our lobby but I am happy to hear that you still enjoyed your stay. We are fortunate to be located in an area that has mild temperatures making for wonderful visits all year long. We look forward to your return!

Best Regards, Lisa Asdikian, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oxnard
Homewood Suites by Hilton Oxnard/Camarillo
Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor
Crowne Plaza Ventura Beach
Hilton Garden Inn, Oxnard/Camarillo
Ventura Beach Marriott
Ventura Beach Marriott
#5 of 23 in Ventura
Wyndham Garden Ventura Pierpont Inn

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach Resort? Share your experiences!