“Excellent first ever stay at an Embassy Suites.”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach Resort
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Oxnard
Reviewed October 17, 2012

What an excellent first ever stay at an Embassy Suites. The marble floored reception foyer was vast with sweeping staicase, chandaliers and lovely artwork. Check in staff very friendly and accomodating. Our ocean front suite was immacualtely clean and very spacious. We had a very large (top floor) balcony with patio table and chairs to sit and see and hear the ocean. Had an evening meal that was very satisfying. Breakfast the next morning was lovely with omelettes cooked to order as well as the usual sausage, cereals, muffins, juice, fruit, coffee etc: We did not have chance to try the pools as we arrived late and were continuing our journey that morning, but we did walk round the beautiful grounds which were very well kept. There was someone cleaning the pools which looked very inviting. On our return to the foyer we had the chance to speak to a gentleman who was a member of the management team and said how much we had enjoyed our stay. He said that they were going to do some updating but were going to keep most of the lovely marble in the foyer and the massive mural on the wall which is a good thing as they are beautiful. The only sad thing about this stay is that we were only here for one night. If we return to this coast we will certainly make a point of staying here again. Well done to the staff and management for a lovely well kept hotel.

Room Tip: Ocean front is lovely.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kwaitang
lasdikian, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

I am just delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments! We do have a great team working with us, and it’s so nice to hear that you received excellent service. We are so fortunate to be situated in a beautiful location and I am so glad that you enjoyed our grounds and your spacious suite. We do hope you can extend your stay next time you travel this way as it would be our pleasure to serve you again.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Wow - what an amazing Embassy Suites. The staff are all so friendly and nothing is too much trouble. We had a late change to this hotel and staff were really helpful accommodating us over a busy period. We had a ground floor patio room facing the Ocean in block 7. The room was brilliant. Large lounge with sofa bed, desk, kitchen area and extra shower room and wardrobe area. Large bedroom with amble wardrobe space and a huge ensuite. The view was great and listening to the roar of the waves was so relaxing. One tiny personal niggle is breakfast and the birds. These fly around inside as well as outside, steal from tables, poop on the wicker chairs and although some guests seem to think this is "awesome" - sitting in clean clothes in bird poop is not our idea of fun, especially as this same area is used for the managers reception later in the day - and the poop is still on the chairs. This aside the quality of the breakfast is good and the chefs work hard to cook omellettes for ever growing queues - at weekends this can be frantic - but still keep on smiling. The managers reception is well used and as it lasts 2 hours, helps get you relaxed for the evening ahead. The restuarant and bar area are great and with free entertainment on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights, makes it a great place to chill out with really good food - the pork chop and filet of beef were fabulous. Samantha, one of the managers, is extremely friendly and helpful and all the front desk staff greet you with a warm smile no matter what time of day or night. The facilities around the gated area include a large pool and 2 seperate spa pools - these are very clean and well maintained. Throughout the hotel grounds are streams and waterfalls and maintenance staff work hard to keep these looking clean at all times. Although internet is not free unless gold Hilton group members, there is an internet room which is free to use by guests, which we took time to use. There are bikes to hire from the hotel and some beautiful walks around the local area. Tennis courts and basketball area are also on site and a short stroll there is a park with childrens play equipment, baseball area and volleyball nets. So whether you want to burn off calories or just lay by the pool or on your patio and read a book, there is plenty for all. We were very impressed with this hotel and would stay again without any hesitation should we visit this part of California again.

Room Tip: Ocean views are quieter than pool view, but depends on your budget.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JBKB1
lasdikian, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us! And, I’m very pleased that you found our staff to be quite accommodating. We are fortunate to have an amazing team working with us. I am sharing your comments with our food & beverage staff members regarding the outside seating area to resolve this issue. Again, we appreciate your business and look forward to your return.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

After a lovely wedding ceremony on the beach at sunset, our party of 15 planned to dine in the restaurant at the above hotel. After 1 1/2 hours, only 5 out of the 15 guests got appetizers. None of us had dinner and 2 of the adults left and went elsewhere to eat. They were out of prime rib and the 6 people staying at the hotel ordered their dinner to be delivered to their rooms. We apologized to our family, everyone was exhausted and we called it an evening. The restaurant was not busy and we couldn't figure out what the problem was!!

Room Tip: The sunset was absolutely beautiful! You may want to choose a room facing the ocean for a great view...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your comments during your recent stay. I am passing on this feedback to our management staff to review and to resolve any issues. We are so very pleased you chose our property as the wedding site and we hope you will visit us again in the future.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

This place is awesome! Clean, modern, makes you feel like you are rich! The free breakfast was superb! This place is so well worth the money you spend! The only thing I did not like was the maids don't understand a lick of English and the ice machine took forever to find and it was not on our floor. The rooms are so clean! Did I already say that!?! :)
Also I left a note for the maid that a light was out and it never got replaced.

Room Tip: Ocean view
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed our beautiful property and the many amenities that we offer! Please do visit us again. It would be our pleasure to serve you.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We love to stay at Embassy Suites properties when our schedule allows us to take advantage of the breakfast and manager's reception. This time we were only looking for a reasonably priced hotel for a quick 2 night stay, but still wanted a little "splurge'. We arrived before official check-in after traveling for more than 14 hours. We were pleasantly surprised to not only find our room ready, but it was the nicest Embassy Suites room we've stayed in for quite a while. Ate lunch at the restaurant (don't remember what we had, but it was excellent) changed clothes and went outside to try to nap by the pool...found a nice selection of available lounge chairs, both in the shade and sun. After a pleasant couple hours went out to check-out the beach (beautiful) and then returned to the grounds for Happy Hour(s). Again, one of the best we've had at Embassy Suites for a long time...better than usual selection of drinks (but the appetizers on a par with the rest...I know everyone's trying to make do with less, but I do miss the Embassy Suites appetizers/snacks of old). My first complaint of the day...since there are so many birds, it would be wonderful if either someone cleaned the outdoor tables at the beginning of the evening, or if a spray bottle of cleaner and paper towels was available for use.
Breakfast next morning was great, with the only complaint being, again, the dirty outdoor tables. Unfortunately we had to be gone all of this day, but returned in time for Happy Hour. Additional complaint (again the tables were not cleaned) was that there were more people, but only one bartender this night, so lines were long. We were told that this was the first night to try 1 bartender...didn't seem like the right night, since there were more people than the night before! Anyway, long waits for drinks.
Ordered room service, which arrived quickly, and again, good food. Next morning breakfast was more crowded, but we were fine with it. 4th time, however, that I made a trip to the restroom to get papertowels to clean the outdoor table. I'm sure some are thinking..."why not just eat indoors?" Well, eating outdoors is something I look forward to whenever we travel to warmer climes, as we don't do it often at home.
The hotel grounds are beautiful...I get tired of commercial enterprises having the same old landscaping. I wish I had had more time to enjoy the landscaping at Mandalay Beach Embassy Suites!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
lasdikian, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and our diverse, unique property. We are so pleased you enjoyed the spacious rooms we offer to our guests and the complimentary breakfast and Manger’s Reception. I am passing on your comments regarding the outside tables to our management team to take care of this for the future. Please do come back and see us again – it would be our pleasure to serve you!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I had been in downtown LA for business, and took a side trip to go sea kayaking in the Channel Islands. Looked for a place to stay in the vicinity, and the Embassy Suites Mandalay Beach was the only one I could find with direct access to the beach. Being a Hilton Honors member, I didn't mind it. The rooms were a little dated in appearance, but the grounds were beautiful. I decided to splurge on an oceanview room, and was glad I did. Granted, we kind of had an angled view of the ocean, but more importantly, it was far enough from the pool area that I was able to have some peace and quiet. The hotel was full for the weekend, with all the kids running around, I was glad I was a bit farther removed (Building 8). I had booked a package with self-parking and internet, but didn't remember that it was for self-parking, so I got the valet parking. Luckily, they adjusted my final bill, but that was confusing. Also, breakfast was not available until 7 am, so the one morning I was counting on getting a substantial breakfast (the day of our sea kayaking adventure), we did not end up with any breakfast because we had to be at the harbor by 7. Thank goodness I had gotten some food at the grocery store! Breakfast on Sunday morning took over an hour because there was ONE person doing the omelets. I really take my hat off to him - he was working HARD, and still managed to smile and be courteous! I LOVE that they served Guava-Orange-Passionfruit juice in the morning - that was a true treat!! Also glad there was a second, more secluded hot tub that we were able to enjoy. I could have used at least 2 more days here to truly relax, and hope that I will get a chance to get back to the area again - really enjoyed the quietude of the Oxnard-Ventura area.

Room Tip: Building 8 is away from the main swimming pool and a bit quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us. We have recently undergone a major renovation of our guest suites, so we hope you will have an opportunity to return again to enjoy our lovely property. We are quite fortunate to be located directly on the beach and I am pleased to hear that you were able to take advantage of the many water activities that are available to our guests. We do hope that you will visit us again!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I really love this particular Embassy Suites. The property is absolutely gorgeous and is wonderfully ,maintained. The staff is very helpful and accommodating.

The rooms are very comfortable, spacious, and clean

The only check I have about his place is the breakfast/happy hour area. I have stayed at dozens of ESs, but this particular dining area was kind of grimy (ie., sticky floors, messy counters, etc.). They really just need someone who maintains the cleanliness and organization of their breakfast area, not just collect dishes.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
lasdikian, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Thank you for your nice comments about our resort – we are very proud of our property and our staff! I am passing your comments regarding the breakfast/happy hour to our management team for review. We would welcome the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Best Regards, Lisa Asdikian, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oxnard
Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor
Homewood Suites by Hilton Oxnard/Camarillo
Hilton Garden Inn, Oxnard/Camarillo
Crowne Plaza Ventura Beach
Residence Inn Oxnard River Ridge
Courtyard Oxnard Ventura

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach Resort? Share your experiences!