Residence Inn by Marriott Oxnard River Ridge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsgolf coursefull kitchenthe penthousetennis courtsapartment complexupstairs bedroomdallas cowboyssmall kitchenhome away from homesocial hourdonutsan extended staytraining campfree breakfastlobby and breakfast areapotatoestacos
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I recently stayed at this location for business. Not only is it old, but it is not clean which other recent reviews, have stated. There was hair in my bed when I turned it down to enter it. There were spiders in my bed and it is just old, old furniture, dirty walls...dark. All the 2nd floor rooms are Chalet type rooms. They are dark. If you open curtains you are most likely looking directly into another room. Not my cup tea. I should have stayed at the Courtyard. I normally don't stay at these older Residence Inn's, but in all fairness I stayed in this style of a Residence Inn in Tewksbury MA and it was very nice and clean. So just because it is old does not mean it cannot be clean. This hotel just was not maintained over time and now it is just not up to par. I am not use to seeing dirty walls in Marriott properties. It is currently under renovations but renovations will not help if they don't get a better cleaning staff. Location is great, close to fwy and shopping.

Room Tip: I don't suggest this Hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank consum1
RInn_River_Ridge, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Oxnard River Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Thanks for your feedback. Yes our hotel continues to improve/renovate each passing day. Now 90% of our furniture is new in the last 4 years. In the next month our public restrooms, lobby ceiling tiles, fitness suite and our laundry rooms will be completely renovated. All our suites are now getting new carpet and beautiful new sofa sleepers. As far as cleanliness-- our last 4 reviews on this site-- two of them mentioned how clean our hotel was during their stay. I do wish you had brought these concerns to my attention while here, but do sincerely hope that you will consider us on your next trip to Ventura County.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband, baby, parents and I stayed in one of the biggest rooms (1 bedroom with loft - sleeps 6). There was a living area and full kitchen which was great for all of us to spend time together. We saved money too since we could make our own food. I gave it an average rating because there were a couple things I didn't like: slightly clogged bath tub, not enough grills available (multiple families were huddled around one shared grill - by the pool - cooking food over the only burner on it that worked), and the breakfast was just okay. They have a lot of pack-n-plays available, which was a nice convenience for us, but they didn't provide a sheet that fit the mattress.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

We were given a room on an upper level in the middle of the complex. There was a huge convention going on but other than at breakfast there was no other noise I could complain about. We were above the laundry room which was very convenient for us and it proved the room was sound-proofed so well that we didn't hear any machine noise. The King Studio was clean and large. Nothing was old or run-down at all. The pool was fun and the spa was relaxing. Breakfast was hectic but the options were good. Staff service when checking in and out was excellent.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I had a wonderful experience at this hotel with my family. The price for our rooms was very reasonable and the rooms themselves were spacious, clean and very inviting. The staff at the front desk were friendly and we honestly had no issues with our stay. I would definitely stay here when visiting Ventura again and I would suggest this place to my friends.

Room Tip: Having a fireplace in the room was very cozy!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lisa D
Reviewed May 3, 2014

We stayed here using our Marriott Rewards points. We arrived in LA in the evening and needed a nice place to stay in between LA and Santa Barbara. This hotel was a treat to find. The front desk staff were very accommodating and friendly. It is true that rooms seem older, but they are currently undergoing renovations and the new room furnishings look to be very nice. Our room overlooked the tennis courts, which tended to be a bit noisy as there just happened to be a tennis tournament going on during our stay. The pools were both very nice and well kept. The breakfast room was large, and had a lovely view out onto the golf course. Breakfast selections were satisfying and tasty, and well stocked. This hotel was a hidden gem on our vacation and it will only get better after the improvements. We had a great time and will definitely return if in the area again.

Room Tip: If you want a quieter room, ask to be away from the tennis courts.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family