Residence Inn by Marriott Oxnard River Ridge
$75
$73
$110
$67
Courtyard Oxnard Ventura(Oxnard)(Great Value!)
$119
$79
All reviewsgolf coursefull kitchenthe penthousetennis courtsapartment complexupstairs bedroomdallas cowboyssmall kitchenhome away from homesocial hourdonutsan extended staytraining campfree breakfastlobby and breakfast areapotatoestacos
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 18, 2012

We enjoyed a 1 night stay here in a 2-bed suite in April after we visited the Reagan Presidential Library - well worth a visit! It had a full kitchen and although we didn't use it fully, it would be very handy. It had a full size fridge and a dishwasher. We took the car to a local take away restaurant.

Breakfast was plentiful and good. We had a golf course view. The surrounding area looked pleasant - mostly residential.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2012

This Is the place if you are football aficionado. Jerry Jones and company will be setting up camp at this hotel. So please be aware that you cannot just show up. Get your reservations in early.
During this time the staff and hotel management allow you the hotel guest to witness and enjoy a close up look at the camp. So a heads up, the Cowboys have a great support group of people who keep a great vigilance on the visiting public so have the right credentials the hotel issues.
The hotel is clean, the grounds well kept and there is a golf course next door. Most of my family from out of town stay there. So have a great time and enjoy the show

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank TheChiefFromCali
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Stayed on business one night. Great room overlooking golf course. Breakfast was great. Staff was terriffic. This type of service is getting to be more outstanding from Marriott.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 10, 2012

My daughter and I recently stayed here over the Easter weekend, and although the hotel was nice, we did have one major problem. Smokers. We were in a non-smoking room, but for some reason the hotel put us next to a room with three heavy smokers. The layout of the hotel meant that we had to walk directly in front of their room to get to ours. Clouds of smoke, dirty cig butts left all over the ground, and houskeeping did not pick them up all weekend, which was really a disappointment. Why put smokers and nons next to one another? It would have made more sense to put us in separate buildings, no?
That being said, the hotel room itself was nice, good size, and we really liked the full size refrigerator and small cooktop. It was great to be able to cook our own meals. This hotel is five minutes from the beach and a great spot to access Ventura and Malibu. The rooms are a bit care worn, and the mattresses are way overdue to be replaced (so soft you sink 6 inches when sitting on the edge). The staff was very friendly, although when we arrived we asked that our two, one-night reservations (Expedia mess, don't ask) be combined so our stay was seamless. Front desk manager was very accommodating and took care of it, or so I thought. Half way through our stay, and during a nap, housekeeping is knocking on the door and asking me what time I am leaving - I explain we are staying another night and it should have been taken care of with mgt. Ten minutes later, nap interruption #2, the front desk is calling to ask what time we are leaving. Combining our reservation really shouldn't be a difficult thing to take care of in the reservations system.
Overall, this hotel was average. I would probably look to some other options for our next trip to Oxnard.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank PetalumaMamma
RInn_River_Ridge, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Oxnard River Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

Thanks for your comments/feedback. With over 250 suites, two golf courses, 11,000 square feet of meeting space and 11 beautiful acres of property, we do our best to accomodate our smoking and non-smoking guests. All of our suites are non-smoking per Marriott hotel guidelines. Additionally, we do not screen our guests in any way, other than to let them know that our hotel suites are non-smoking. I sincerely wish you had brought your concerns to our staff during your stay. Thanks for your feedback on our suites and staff. I would like to have you back to our hotel and hope you would contact me personally at some future time.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for two nights on business. I was amazed at the accommodations and free perks included. For example, my room consisted of a living room with flat screen TV, a downstairs bedroom with king size bed and TV, bathroom, small kitchen, balcony, and another full bedroom upstairs with a second bathroom. It was way more than I needed, but the value was great.

When I checked in, I was pleased to hear that the complimentary buffet was still open. It wasn't just the typical appetizers and soft drinks. The theme was BBQ Night, which included hamburgers, hot dogs, homemade potato chips, and all of the condiments.

The grounds were well-maintained and the rooms were very clean.

Room Tip: Don't miss the free buffets offered nightly. This will save big $$ for families.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business