“Disaster”

Inn at Oxnard
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Oxnard
“Disaster”
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Check out this video on YouTube:

Book at your own peril.

Shameless management.

Said cant do anything or did they try to get alternate accomodation

We had to check out with 30 minutes- at 1030 pm at night!

Staff name was Lupe at the reception

Microwave was burnt from
inside

No existence of wifi even though claimed free wifi in each room

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Dxbtally

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Let's start this off by saying this is the only place that had rooms available... The place is run down, the rooms are old fashion in decor. The walls are not your traditional wall paper or drywall it's a plaster or stucco finish.. Not smooth.. The bathroom was worn down and had some dirty stains on it.. The toilet was more like my toddlers potty, short and small.. The bed linen and room seemed clean but the decor and bathroom didn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling.. So I didn't sleep under the comforter or sheets.. The room does have a small fridge and microwave that I did not use. Plenty of cameras in this place, hallways, stairways etc.. Not sure what they are trying to protect... The breakfast is weak but was free.. The oj was more like a orange colored water or fake vitamin water... Would I stay here again?... Of course..NOT. If your looking for a place to crash it's ok but vacation or getaway location keep looking or do your self a favor and drive further up to SB.

Stayed July 2014

Travelers are raving about these Oxnard hotels

Corcoran, California, United States
Reviewed July 28, 2014

After reading the reviews I was very hesitant about booking a room. When we drove into the parking lot I thought it was very cute and charming. I entered the lobby and the girl at the desk was very nice. The pool area was nice and looked like a great place to relax. When we entered our room the beds looked very comfortable and to my surprise they were but I must say the pillows were my favorite I actually asked if I may purchase one but they did not have any in stock. This place needs some work the carpet was dirty and the edge by the door was pulled up a little. The shower can use an update along with the walls maybe seal some cracks and finish with a fresh coat of paint. I forgot to let the desk know there was a problem with the T.V' s speakers. All in all this place wasn't that bad and I will stay here again real soon. I didn't get to taste the breakfast as I said the bed was comfortable and I choose to sleep in. (I hope the next time I stay they will have a pillow in stock.)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Oxnard
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We booked in advanced with no cancelations possible. We were put in a room that looked at the maids supply room. First disappointment. Then the air conditioner did not work. Second disappointment . The room had a leak somewhere that left mildew and water stains on the closet wall and the carpet. They did up grade our room the next day but my husband was already having trouble with his breathing and coughing. We left and did not stay our second night. I also felt that their staff was not very friendly.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Highland, California
Reviewed July 24, 2014

This place has been under new Ownership for over a year. We stay here annually for a Family Reunion & last year they said things would be better by the time we returned. They were worse! Several family members had problems with many rooms. We did't have power in half the room in the first room they gave us and after moving us it was worse we didn't have air and the heater was broken and stuck on the ON position for who knows how long. They didn't send anyone til next day, right before we checked out. We had to sleep with our door open all night taking turns keeping a watch as well as it was a fire hazard for my children. Though some staff was polite and helpful 2 of them were rude and need training in customer service. James the night clerk was the worst of the staff. Wifi in rooms didn't work and most rooms have terrible air units only a few rooms had decent air. 2 of the outlets in our room were hanging out and need to be replaced and fixed. We had about 70 rooms reserved for our family reunion and many of us spent most of our reunion talking about our problems with the Ramada Inn.
Only Good thing I have to say is the breakfast and the breakfast staff were great.

Room Tip: I suggest double checking the room then ask to change room if you need to. Check outlets & the r...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

In my room, the pillowcases had stains, the sheets had some rips and tears, the shower curtains looked like they had blood stains, tub was disgusting, and both room and bathroom needed to
be dusted.

Later on, I went to my cousins room. He had the big room on the pool side that has its own gate to go through. I usually get that room but this year decided not to and I'm sure glad I didn't. Air conditioner didn't work and the worst thing was the glow in the dark paint that had all kinds of bad writing like 666. Who wants to stay in a hotel that allows that to stay in the rooms? I really hope this hotel steps it up In the future!

• Stayed July 2014