“vacation”
Review of Inn at Oxnard

Inn at Oxnard
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Oxnard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Lakewood, Calif
Reviewed May 19, 2014

We recently stayed at the Ramada Inn in Oxnard. The price is what drew me to this motel, but I'm not sure if the value is worth it! We called ahead, after making a reservation well in advance, and were told that check in time would be 3 pm. We arrived at the motel at 2:45 and were chided by the woman behind the counter for showing up too early. Then she proceeded to tell us FOUR times that we could not check in until 3. I explained that I knew what the check in time was, but wondered if there was a room available. She curtly dismissed me and told me to return at the proper time! We sat in the lobby for about 20 minutes and then I approached the desk to let them know that we were waiting in the lobby and to let us know when our room would be ready. She just made a face and turned and walked away! I'm not accustomed to being chided, dismissed and ignored by check in staff --------so that put us off right away. The room we got was OK. The toilet ran all night, and the couch has a rip in it. The WIFI did not work------even after repeated attempts calling the desk. The TV picture was fine, but they must stream in the cable, since the sound and picture did not line up and it looked pretty funny to watch! When we checked out, I mentioned again about the TV, the WIFI and the absence of wash cloths in the bathroom. I was told : "Yes, we didn't have any washcloths ...........". That is customer service? Wow! Not an altogether horrible experience, but one we won't be repeating in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Lesly E, General Manager at Inn at Oxnard, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear cnspostma

My most sincere apology for the experience you encountered with our front desk staff. Please know that this is completely unacceptable and that your review will not be taken lightly and further training will take place. Please accept our apologies and if you are in the area and need hotel accommodations please look us up and I assure you will have a very pleasant experience.

All the best!

Costa Mesa, California
Reviewed May 17, 2014

The "bones" of this older hotel are beautiful, and it is currently under renovation to restore it's former glory. Any shortcomings...and at the price, there weren't many...are more than made up by the courtesy and helpfulness of the staff.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear wxyz12

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review! Hope to see you soon when visiting the Oxnard area!

Best Wishes,

Reviewed May 12, 2014

It was clean and comfortable. The first room we had smelled of cigarette smoke. We called the front desk and were upgraded for free , to a different room. The new room was very nice. We also enjoyed the breakfast in the morning. My only complaint is that the swimming pool and jacuzzi were out of order and we were really looking forward to those amenities.

• Stayed May 2014
Lesly E, General Manager at Inn at Oxnard, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear Valued Customer,

All of our staff thanks you for your kind words regarding our property. We do apologize about our short comings and do hope that we can make it up to you in the future.

Best Regards,

Ramada, Oxnard
1001 E. Channel Islands Rd.
Oxnard, CA 93033
(805) 201-6000
Lompoc, California
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Front desk staff was very nice and accomodating but the rooms are horrible. They smell of smoke (old smoke, like years not just a recent incident of someone not following the rules), and I looked at a few different rooms trying to switch from my original room. I would have left if it werent for non-refundable hotwire deal. The bed sheets and blankets had stains. We had a VCR in our room?, but we did have a nice flat screen tv. A/C units are loud and raggity. The property really just needs to invest in itself a little more. These people who are saying these rooms are great a flat out lying. The staff is nice but the property is outdated, furniture is old, the carpet is done and so on. It really just needs at least a minimal make over with new linens, carpet and have someone at least paint the walls. And then it will at least be a 2 1/2 star hotel. I would have been highly upset if I paid full price.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank happyMILtraveler
Dear Valued Guest,

We sincerely apologize, that your stay with us was not acceptable. There are many plans in store for this hotel, and hope you get to see them in the near future.

Warmest Regards,

Ramada, Oxnard
1001 E. Channel Islands Blvd.
Oxnard, CA 93033
(805) 201-6000

Travelers are raving about these Oxnard hotels

Orcutt, California
Reviewed May 6, 2014

My bed was comfy, the staff was friendly. The TV & internet was great and they offered a full breakfast. The fridge and microwave were nice (especially the fridge, it had a full on freezer). The tub and floors could have used a better cleaning, and there were no liners in the trash cans. I stayed on a
Sat. night and the crowd was a bit rowdy. I didn't expect a 5 star hotel for the $$... but at the rate I paid I would stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ramada