“Wonderful new restaurant”

Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #8 of 304 Restaurants in Oxnard
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chicago
“Wonderful new restaurant”
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

We decided to try this restaurant at the suggestion of our seven year old grandson and the entire family loved e food and the experience!
All of the dishes that we had were great, the service could not have been better, the decor was delightful.
Of note for me was the blue cheese salad dressing--perhaps the best that I've ever had. I was told that it was made fresh every day in that kitchen.
We had an ice cream brownie sundae for dessert and my grandson literally licked the plate.
This will be at the top of our list on every CA visit.

Visited July 2014

Ventura, California
“Good place for lunch”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Lazy Dog Cafe is a good place to grab a bite to eat. The service was very efficient and knowledgeable of the menu. It seems like a good value for what you get. I had the ahi fish tacos, they were good, but the fish was a little dry. It comes with a great mango salsa.

• Visited July 2014
Ventura, California
“DOG GONE GOOD Restaurant”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

With easy On off access to the 101 freeway this is a great restaurant to stop off to enjoy an excellent meal, What a variety of foods to choose from, Yes it can be a little wait but that just shows it will be worth it.Some say the staff is slow but that was not the case with my family, Being newly opened I am sure they had the typical learning curves but seems fine now.Food was cooked to perfection, I have to recommend their cerviche tostada appetizer totally awesome.
If you are traveling with your dogs they too are welcomed out in the patio seating. They Have a great bar to sit at if that is is preference.Ambient noise level is common for restaurants without
carpeting, but is tolerable.Great place give it a try.

• Visited July 2014
Ventura
“After 1 week off and running......”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

I am currently on a diet from great food but with the opening of Lazy Dog at The Collection in Oxnard I had to stop in. They had just opened 1 week earlier. We sat in booth in the bar area. The overall look of Lazy Dog is really nice with a lot of wood accents and high ceilings. Unfortunately where we sat was right next to the somewhat small walkway between the outside area, bar and kitchen exit. It was like New York times square at rush hour with a flurry of staff continuously going back and forth past our table single file the whole meal. Since we were on a diet we pretty much ate from the "good for you" part of the menu. We shared Chicken lettuce cups for an appetizer. I actually liked them better than PF Changs lettuce wraps. We then split Veggie Lasagna and a Thai Chicken salad and ordered a side of sauteed spinach. All three were very tasty and very low cal. The rest of the menu looked great and everything that came out of the kitchen past us looked really good too. Yes we did cheat and we each got 1 sangria 1 red and 1 white and they totally hit the spot. They really set it up nice by having you enter on the backside by the parking lot. There is also a smaller entrance on the water feature side. They have a nice big patio area outside but I did not see the fire pit area like they have at their Thousand Oaks restaurant. All in all for only being opened for a week everything seemed to go fairly well. This place Im sure will be hoping for a while. By the way sitting at a booth during happy hour got us a discount on our round of drinks and lettuce cups. Get online and sign up on their website for occasional deals and info. So happy I don't have to drive over the hill anymore to go to L.D.

• Visited June 2014

Been to Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar? Share your experiences!