“It's a drive but well worth it”

Cabo Seafood Grill and Cantina
Ranked #4 of 305 Restaurants in Oxnard
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
“It's a drive but well worth it”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

This isn't the closest Mexican meal but sure out performs anything near me. I drive from Malibu up to Cabo at least twice a month. Almost always start with a shrimp cocktail. Usually have one of following for the second course: tostada al pastor, carnitas in some form, or a chile relleno..I would ear more but the "small" shrimp cocktail is huge and wonderful. Hand made tortillas wow. Great servers and the bar scene is different than any other that I have seen. Gets a bit loud when the mariachis play next to the table but its all part of the fun.

• Visited November 2012

Lee, IL
“I stop here every time I am in Oxnard”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I travel to Oxnard one to twelve times a year on business. I have had at least eight menu items, but I keep coming back to the Camarones a Diablo, muy picanto. I use any of the excess sauce on the grilled vegetables or rice. The restaurant makes up the fresh tortilla chips and tortillas on the rotating platter for the customers to view. The guacamole is made right at the table. I was introduced to Cabo by coworkers at Oxnard. I have brought a number of coworkers from Illinois here and they were all blown away by their dishes. For the adventurous spices levels go from adequate for virtually everyone to time for cerveza to cut the burn. You can specify the level of spice, the knowledgeable staff will verify any gringos to insure that you know what you are ordering. I have never had even just an average plate here, I would order everything over again, except maybe the hogfish.

• Visited July 2012
Brisbane
“Good Mexican food, fresh but standard fare”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

we ordered the mixed seafood and meat platter - we were moderately hungry and the majority of it. It was good food, very typical Mexican but nothing that blew us away. If I were to go back I would probably order some of the other things in the menu.
If you are in town and want a fun place with a good atmosphere then go there they had the band playing, in one section is a bar with sports tv etc and everyone seemed to be having fun.
Nice staff, interested not just looking for a tip.

• Visited August 2012
Delta, Canada
“Fabulous Food at Awesome Prices”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Arrived in Oxnard and wanted to find a good Mexican restaurant. We actually passed this hotel on our way to our hotel and it was busy - from the outside though, it looked way more like a seafood and fish restaurant than a Mexican restaurant. When we came back about an hour and a half later, it was still just as busy and it was bustling the whole time we were there - always a good sign. The food was delicious, the chips and salsa on the table were tasty, and the value for money was excellent. So far, this was the best meal on our vacation!

• Visited August 2012
“Spoiled by New Mexican cuisine.”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Expected flavorful green chile sauce, got sour vinegar instead. Carne asada burrito could have been warmed a little longer.