“A Great Place for Business or Leisure”

Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Oxnard
San Marcos, United States
“A Great Place for Business or Leisure”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

My husband and I were at the Hampton Inn on business for the first three days of our trip, but remained another three days to relax and enjoy the area. The Hampton Inn was a perfect place for both the business and pleasure parts of our trip.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I stayed here for my trip to the Channel Islands. The room was nice, very clean, had plenty of space and the bed was comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is very close and convenient to the dock where the ferry to the Channel Islands departs from. I would stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Amy W
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We always enjoy staying at the Hampton Inn Channel Islands whenever we visit home, which is two or three times a year. The setting, next to the water and the slips in the marina, is just superb. The accommodations and staff are always great. The complimentary breakfast is the best around at this level. Thanks, Hampton Inn!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Last week I spent one night at this hotel the night prior to a trip to the Channel Islands. It's an older property that's had some cosmetic upgrades. The hotel was clean but my harbor view room was kind of dark due to the fact that the light is blocked by the balcony above. Rooms are small but ample. The area around the hotel is deserted except for Toppers Pizza just down the street. Breakfast was included and the lady working the breakfast area was very friendly and helpful. She really made you feel welcome. I would stay there again but only for a short trip. It's not a vacation destination but for a night or two it's fine.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank iheartnuevo
Southern California
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My wife and I needed to get away for a few days. We choose the Hampton Inn Channel Islands in Oxnard. It is a lovely place right on the Marina. The staff is great. Right from the reception desk, Elena was so sweet and helpful, she set us in a marina view room. We sat on the balcony and enjoyed the sunsets. The breakfast staff was great and went above and beyond to take care of us even when we overslept. The management team is actively involved in making sure everything is great for their clientele. Wow.. I like this hotel. Oxnard is centrally located on the lower central coast. There are some great restaurants, shopping or just enjoying a walk on the beach. The price was very reasonable and we will return.

Room Tip: Just ask.. They are so helpful it is amazing!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Santa Clara, California
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for visiting the Channel Islands. My worm was very nice, spacious and comfortable. Friendly staff... It was very close to the port... It is a very good option in Oxnard for visiting the channel islands. I am planning to go back to visit other islands, and I will for sure stay here again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Tara D, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor, responded to this review, August 16, 2014
Dear Happy_travel_4

I appreciate your review of your stay at our hotel. I am happy to see that you had a nice spacious room and that our staff was friendly. I hope we will see you again when you are in the Oxnard / Ventura area. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Best Regards
Tara Darling
Front Office Manager / Reservations Manager
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Hampton Inn is famous for its clean room. This hotel is not a resort, but if you are like me, just need a good night sleep. It is for you. the room is big, clean. The breakfast is also nice.It is not on beach, but 5 minute drive will bring you onto the beach.

Room Tip: Asking a room facing the water.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Tara D, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear Weijie T

I appreciate your review for our hotel and I am happy to see your recent stay with us was an enjoyable one. I hope we will see you again soon when you are in the Oxnard, Ventura area.

Best Regards
Tara Darling
Front Office Manager
Hampton Inn Channel
Tara.darling@hilton.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oxnard
Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach Resort
Homewood Suites by Hilton Oxnard/Camarillo
Hilton Garden Inn, Oxnard/Camarillo
Crowne Plaza Ventura Beach
Best Western Oxnard Inn
Courtyard Oxnard Ventura

Been to Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor? Share your experiences!