“Close to beach and restaurants”

Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Oxnard
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Beautiful, plus great, friendly, and helpful staff who know the area and made great recommendations for us. I'm a Hampton Inn fan anyway, but this was a great visit. The Harbor view is relaxing, we heard water sounds at night, and walked to the huge beaches both days. Great mini-vacation.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rick H
kevin l, General Manager at Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, I appreciate your feedback and positive comments on our hotel & staff. As a Hampton fan, you know that your satisfaction is our goal, I am happy our staff provided you with knowledgeable and friendly service. We hope to see you again at our location for your next mini vacation.

Best
Hampton Inn Channels Harbor

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor

Reviewed April 18, 2014

The customer service was perfect. I had a couple things I had to call the front desk about that were handled in a very timely manner, professional and safe. When someone had to come to my room, they brought Security which made me feel very safe. Great protocol. Very clean and WONDERFUL location. A+

Room Tip: Marina view is great!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jenny S

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to see our staff was able to provide you with excellent service; your satisfaction is our number one goal at the Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor. I hope you will stay with us again when you are in the Oxnard/ Ventura area.
Best,
Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Your staff is the face of your hotel and you only get 1 chance to make a good impression. From the moment we arrived we were treated with respect and politeness. The week we were with you I could not fault 1 staff member, they were all helpful in every way. Keep up the great work.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I would like to thank you for your kind words in regards to our hotel and staff, satisfaction is our number one goal here at the Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor. I hope we will see you again soon when you are in the Oxnard/Ventura Area
Kind Regards

Reviewed April 16, 2014

I had a lovely stay. The quality of the room, the complimentary breakfast, and the staff were wonderful. My room did not get cleaned everyday and I don’t really know the reason behind that, but it wasn’t a huge deal.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
kevin l, General Manager at Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Dear Joanne S ,

Thank you for your lovely post about our hotel, I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope we will see you again soon.

Kind Regards
Kevin Libera

Reviewed April 10, 2014

I recently spent 3 nights in this beautifully situated Hampton Inn. It's right on the harbor, with a walking path along the marina out back, and next to a small park. It's also just 2 blocks from a pretty, tree-lined (although very busy) boulevard, where you'll find a variety of shops and restaurants. This hotel is often used by Navy personnel (Naval Base Ventura County is close by), and there is a Navy Seabee museum a few minutes away.

The plus side: A decent, clean room with pretty views and a comfy bed; also a very professional, friendly breakfast staff.

The minus side: Front desk staff seemed stiff and rather disorganized...I called from the road for directions, and was sent to the opposite side of town. A tip for hotel managers: don't allow people who barely speak English to answer your phone!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
PattyTewes, General Manager at Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Hello Escapeartist49:
I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience while staying at our property with others, we do appreciate your business and your comments. I'm sorry the directions given when you called were confusing, glad you found us and enjoyed the boulevard, shops and restaurants around. We look forward to your next stay, please contact me directly if I can assist you any further.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Very nice place and I loved the view. Only bad mark would be the Asst. Managers bad attitude. During my check out, the Asst. Manager was very rude and almost surprised that I was a guest of your location. Her attitude was very unpleasant and I heard her say very unprofessional things about me when she thought I was out of ear shot.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Rick R

Dear Rick R:
I want to first thank you for taking the time to review your visit at our property and for your great ratings. I do apologize if there was something said while you were checking out that didn't come out correctly, we use your comments for training and overall improvement and will discuss the situation with the front office in general to avoid any issues in the future.
We will love to have you back again while in the area, please feel free to contact me directly if I can assist you any further.
Respectfully,

Reviewed March 28, 2014

I was looking for a quite place with a nice view (choose harbour view, it is worth the few extra dollars) and opportunity to do some work on my laptop. Great place, good value for your money, adequate gym. I'd choose this place again

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Wolfang M.:
It was great to have you all the way from Austria in our property, very happy that you were able to combine business with a bit of pleasure and enjoy your stay in your marina view room.
Definitely visit us again next time you come to the area please.
All the best,
Patty Tewes

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oxnard
Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach Resort
Homewood Suites by Hilton Oxnard/Camarillo
Hilton Garden Inn, Oxnard/Camarillo
Crowne Plaza Ventura Beach
Best Western Oxnard Inn
Residence Inn Oxnard River Ridge

Been to Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor? Share your experiences!