“Nice for the weekend”

Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Oxnard
Reviewed September 26, 2013

The room was nice and big. Great view from the balcony of the marina. Room was right by the elevator so kind of noise. Kids running up and down the corrordors at 11pm and very noisy. Enjoyed the breakfast. Would go back for sure.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Nancy S
PattyTewes, General Manager at Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear Nancy S:
Thank you for your review and comments about our property, we certainly appreciate you taking the time to do so. I do apologize for the noise from the kids running around, please keep in mind we do have security through out the night and if you just give us a call at the front desk at any time we will be happy to take care of any situations.
We really hope to see you back in the near future.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I dont even know where to begin. My husband and I came to California to celebrate our 1 year anniversary. We travelled all over and decided to spend our final week in Oxnard/Ventura area. We are always on the go, and since I had a retreat booked for 4 days we thought why not spend an extra few days before the retreat to really relax. This was the smartest decision. From the time we checked in till the day we left we were greeted with smiles and always a helpful staff member. We had an amazing room on the harbour side. We live in the Caribbean and love sailing so being right on the harbour seeing all the boats was so beautiful. The sunsets are incredible. The bed was amazing, made it hard to get up in the morning at 6 for the retreat, but we sure looked forward to going to bed early. The shower was nice and large (husband is 6'6") , great pressure and perfect bathtub. The breakfast staff in the morning were also very delightful and welcoming.

The hotel is in a great location. Nice and close to delicious restaurants. And it is just a short drive to the Ventura harbour where there are also more excellent restaurants and shops.
Only thing to take note of is the phone services- the staff were very kind to correct the error on the bill. We were charged for a local call which was to a kayak company across the harbour from hotel. Not the staffs mistake just lovely technology, just thought I would mention to be aware of that. We would normally use our phone but ours is international and figured it would cost more than using the hotels phone.

It was really hard for us to leave on Sunday September 22 however our memories of this place will certainly last our life time. We will be back to Oxnard area in near future for more retreats and truly look forward to our next stay...

Room Tip: Pick a room on the harbour side.. it is beautiful!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cayman_kayaks_ltd
PattyTewes, General Manager at Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Dear Cayman Kayaks Ltd:
What a great review and description of your stay with us, we are so grateful and appreciate you taking the time to share with others your experience. It looks like you had a great retreat and I'm glad we were able to accomodate you even before your event started. The whole "Hampton Team" enjoyed your group and look forward to the next event coming up.
Thank you again, we appreciate your business and hope to see you next year.
All the Best,

Reviewed September 23, 2013

The woman who checked me in remembered me from my last stay, two years ago. That was very pleasant. The hotel was clean, and it's well-located. And the internet connection has been improved (my complaint last time.) I recommend it.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jackcatscal

Hello Jackcatscal:
We all appreciate you staying with us again, even after a couple of years we are happy you choose our property this time also. We thank you very much for your business and hopefully it won't be too long until your next visit.
Regards,

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I was very happy with my one-night stay here. Check-in was a breeze, and I was pleased to learn that, in addition to the complementary breakfast, coffee is served in the lobby 24/7. I made two return trips to the lobby that evening to partake of some more of their excellent decaf (they had tea and cocoa, as well). The rooms are in a separate building behind the lobby, with a locked sliding door that requires a room key to open. I had a heck of a time getting the door to open, would have to scan my card over and over again.
My room was at the far end of the hall (I had requested a room away from the elevator), on the second floor. The room was reasonably large, with nice furnishings, everything very clean. The bathroom was adequate; I was surprised to find the shower head was rather high. That's a nice surprise for someone tall like myself, it might be an annoyance if you're on the short side. I had paid the small premium for a marina view, and am glad I did. A sliding door opened to a reasonably large balcony with a table and two chairs, and even at night a nice view. A park was to my left, the harbor to the right. Unfortunately, the light was burned out on my balcony, so I couldn't sit out there and read before bedtime (I didn't even realize there was a light out there until I was about to turn in for the night). The air conditioner wasn't on when I checked in, which usually annoys me, but since I think most guests would have the sliding door open during the early evenings, or perhaps even sleep with it open, I can understand that in this case. I turned it on when I went to bed, and it cooled the room quite nicely (and provided the white noise I so enjoy at night).
The bed was comfortable, nothing to rave about, but nothing to complain about, either. The room was dark and quiet. With the balcony door closed, I didn't hear anything outside, though I found an exercise class was going on in the park when I opened the door. Breakfast was adequate. I enjoyed my waffle and coffee, and the potatoes were okay. The eggs were rubbery and a bit cold, and the oatmeal (old-fashioned oats, no steel-cut here) was way too runny. The breakfast attendant was very attentive, moving around constantly restocking the whole time I was there, and quickly cleaning up the coffee I inconsiderately spilled. When I had trouble getting online on the lobby computer to print a confirmation, the front desk clerk was quick to help.
I wasn't sure about staying here, as I was leaving from Ventura for the Channel Islands. But I ended up staying here instead of Ventura Harbor due to the savings, and I'm glad I did, not just for the savings, but because this was a very nice hotel. Would be my first choice if I returned to the area.

Room Tip: Splurge for the marina view. There's a park just South of the building, could be noisy in mornin...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Dear Wilkie2000:
Thank you for a great description of our property, amenities and things you enjoyed while you stayed with us, I'm glad you discovered our location and appreciative of your nice comments.
We look forward to your next stay with us in the near future.
Best Regards,

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Went to a friend's wedding in Oxnard. Booked this hotel because of it's proximity to the wedding location. We loved it! We had a corner room with a view of the harbor. Clean, quiet. comfortable. Great complimentary breakfast. Friendly staff. Our only complaint was that we only had to stay for one night. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello there:
We are so glad you enjoyed your short stay with us while attending your friends event, now that you know where we are we hope you take some time and come visit us again, with so many things to do around, restaurants to visit or just spend some time relaxing in your balcony enjoying the marina view with a cup of coffee or a glass of wine.
Looking forward to your next visit,
Best Regards,

Reviewed September 18, 2013

This is a really nice hotel. I will stay there again. Oxnard is a nice town. The staff was great, very nice. The rooms are nice, bed was so comfortable. Location was good. I appreciate that they clean all of the bedding, even the duvet, they leave a little note.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Hello 4ChellyL1:
Thank you for your nice review and comments about our property when you stayed with us, it's great to know you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you back in the near future while in the Channel Islands Harbor area.
All the Best,

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We were in the Ventura/Oxnard area for a family event and chose this hotel. Nice big clean rooms, great view of harbor. Very quiet, except for the birds. What's a harbor without gulls? We visited the farmers market across the channel and had a great time. Also dinner at the Whale's Tail across the channel. There is a water taxi you can take, but we didn't have enough time. Used the gym and it was perfect for my little workout. Nice pool, but again not enough time. Room special came with a full breakfast and it was very good. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Marina, rather than pool or parking lot, are quieter. Third floor for best view. Th...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MaggieVallejo

Hi Maggie:
Thank you so much for taking the time to review and share your experience while staying at our property, we certainly appreciate you doing so. It looks like you were able to do many things around and enjoy different things to do in the area. Nex time you have to stay maybe a day or two longer to enjoy other great places to eat and visit very close to us.
Looking forward to your next visit,
Regards,
Patty Tewes

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oxnard
Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach Resort
Homewood Suites by Hilton Oxnard/Camarillo
Hilton Garden Inn, Oxnard/Camarillo
Residence Inn Oxnard River Ridge
Best Western Oxnard Inn
Wyndham Garden Ventura Pierpont Inn

Been to Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor? Share your experiences!