“The staff is warm and attentive. Our room had a spectacular view and the furnishings were clean and inviting.”

Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Oxnard
Albany, CA
Reviewed January 17, 2013

The buffet attendant, Patty, is the ambassador of the hotel. She welcomes you each morning, and makes you feel like you're the only person in the room. Great to see employees who are truly engaged and love their work, because then it isn't.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
PattyTewes, General Manager at Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Betty652:

I wanted to personally thank you for your nice comments about our Breakfast Hostess Patty, I'm very glad to hear this and certainly proud she is part of the "Hampton Inn Channel Islands Family". I will make sure to let her know about "how special you felt" and will love to see you back soon while in the area in the future.
Patty Tewes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed January 1, 2013

My family of four stayed here for two nights during the Christmas holiday. We had a top floor room facing the harbor and it was worth the extra cost. This was the quietest hotel I have stayed at that wasn't an upscale resort. Not sure if this was because we had no neighbors or the hotel really is soundproof, but we appreciated it.
The room was clean and provided a microwave, fridge, and coffee maker. The bed was comfortable. My only complaint is the pillows are a bit flat.
The morning breakfast was well stocked even after the early morning rush and provided a variety of items. Pastries, cereal, waffles, eggs, biscuits and gravy, and fruit to name a few. Great coffee and a variety of teas. The dining area has plenty of seating.
The staff was very courteous and we enjoyed our stay. We plan to stay here again and I would recommend this hotel to friends and family.

Room Tip: Top floor, harbor view is worth it.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
PattyTewes, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Two4me,

Thank you so much for your response. We are extremely glad that you enjoyed your stay over the holidays and look forward to having you visit again. Let us know when you do come and we will make sure that you have the plumpest pillows available. Feel free to contact me directly, and again we are pleased both with your enjoyment and that you took the time to comment on your visit.

Liam
Seattle
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stay here a couple of times per year when we visit family in the area. I find it hard to rate with stars as I would not ordinarily call it a 4 or 5 star hotel, but it IS 4 or 5 stars for what it is -- a fairly basic no frills hotel. The marina view is lovely, the bed is comfortable, the shower is hot and there are small balconies. The breakfast is decent but not exceptional. The staff is very nice.

Room Tip: Rooms on the marina side have a lovely view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
PattyTewes, General Manager at Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear Lsmitty:
I want to thank you personally for coming back and staying at our property every time you are in the area, we certainly appreciate you visiting us often and taking the time to write about it.
I wish you and your family a Happy Holiday Season and look forward to hosting your needs again while in the Oxnard Harbor area in the near future.
Regards,
Patty
lmpoc
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I used some Hilton Honors points to stay there for a Christmas party and was not impressed with service, staff or accomodations. It's ok, but I'd probably select another hotel/chain for my stay there.

The shower was the best part of the room. Plenty of water pressure and the tile and decoration was nicely upgraded recently. I didn't like the beds. They felt futon-like.

As a Diamond membership level I expected a bit more. I received one bottle water and when I ask if I could upgrade to a water view I was told I don't have enough points and was not offered a cash price alternative. I didn't bother to ask since I could tell the staff was already overwhelmed - at what I was not sure of.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank rb252
Dear RB252:
I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience while staying at our property during your last visit to the Channel Islands Area and glad you enjoyed the shower and decor in the bathroom area. I apologize for not being able to accomodate your request for an upgrade to a marina view, unfortunately we don't have all the information of guests points up to date in our system and we should have suggested to call HHonors directly to see if you had more available for the upgrade or as you mentioned, we could have given you a cash option if available; also the beds we have are Brand Standard required at all Hamptons and I'm sorry it was not your favorite. If you are in the area in the future and will like to give us another opportunity to serve your needs, please feel free to contact me directly and I'll be happy to assist you with your reservation.
Green Valley, California
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Excellent location, stayed here for Thanksgiving and the next night. Last time we stayed here, was almost two years ago for the boat parade in 2010. But it is too bad the eyesore of the Casa Sirena has to be seen.

Bed was comfy like before. If you come back at night, it is better to park to the left of the pool. Front desk person was great when I lost my keys and made new ones.

Good place to eat nearby across the water is Sea Fresh, been there many times. Toppers isn't open early and can be noisy. Another great shop is Studio Gallery on Victoria.

This one one of the few hotels in the area that does not have a parking fee. And wifi is free, too! It is an added benefit in my opinion since I do not have to waste data. Had to go to the front main building to get tea bags, wish they provided it with coffee in the room as I do not drink coffee.

Room Tip: Get a marina view room
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
PattyTewes, General Manager at Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear lineelee:
We are glad you enjoyed your stay at our property during the Thanksgiving Holiday, it's great to hear your comments and share with other travelers. Please feel free to contact me directly or anyone at the front desk next time you're visiting so that we can make sure there are some tea bags in your room for you to enjoy without coming to the breakfast area, we'll be happy to do that.
Grandville, Michigan
Reviewed November 11, 2012

This hotel is off the beaten path, about 5 miles from a major freeway, but the extra drive was definitely worth it! We had a marina view and also there was a nice walking path along the marina with a park right next door. The staff was great! Would definitely stay here again. There was a refrigerator in the room, but we had to get it out of the cabinet to turn it down as it was freezing the food. That was our only negative comment.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank shoesp
PattyTewes, General Manager at Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear shoesp:
We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, our team as well as the Marina View room. I'm sorry to hear about the refrigerator, we certainly appreciate the feedback and will double check with engineering and housekeeping departments to avoid this in the future. We do thank you for your business and hope to see you back soon while in the Channel Islands Harbor area.
Stockton
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed here and took the advice of other reviewers and requested the marina view. It was very pretty and the facility is above average. The bed was comfortable. My only complaint is that there was not a refrigerator in the room. We would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again. Conveniently located to the Navy base.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Zabe123:
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience in Tripadvisor, we do appreciate your comments and are glad to hear you enjoyed your marina view room and your stay. We do have refrigerators and microwaves for the rooms upon request and availability and if you place a note on the comments we will be happy to place one in your room on your next visit, you can always contact me directly and I'll be able to assist you.
Thanks again and look forward to see again soon.
Patty Tewes
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oxnard
Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach Resort
Homewood Suites by Hilton Oxnard/Camarillo
Hilton Garden Inn, Oxnard/Camarillo
Crowne Plaza Ventura Beach
Residence Inn Oxnard River Ridge
Holiday Inn Express Port Hueneme

Been to Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor? Share your experiences!