“Multiple stays”

Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Oxnard
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I have traveled here multiple times with the US Navy. I loved it here so much I brought my wife here for vacation. Great staff. Extremely helpful whenever I had questions on local eats. Food prices in area are amazing and good food, especially sushi, to be found. Kayaking close by and Ventura downtown is a 15great minute drive. I LOVE THIS PLACE! if I didn't already say GREAT STAFF!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012
PattyTewes, General Manager at Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Dear Jdeezy729:
I do appreciate your comments about our property and staff which certainly will be shared with the Team. I'm glad you continue to stay with us while in the area, we all thank you for your loyalty and hope to see you back again soon.
Sincerely

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Having stayed in the Oxnard-Ventura area many times, I was pleased with our recent stay at the Hampton Inn. For the price, I would recommend it highly, and we will book it again ourselves. We had a room facing the Marina, which I think is probably worth the extra cost. The room was spacious and quiet. The beds were comfortable. Everything was in good working order and the reception desk was very polite and clearly trying hard. The breakfast was better than most at comparable accommodations.

Room Tip: Facing the Marina is very pleasant and worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay at our property as well as your Marina View room. We appreciate your input and comments and hope to see you back again very soon.
All the best,

Reviewed September 13, 2012

We soent my wife's birthday here and found it excellent...We had a harbor view room which was very nice with a balcony overlooking Channel Islands harbor.

Included breakfast was good and the usual for Hampton...Staff was very efficient and service was good.

Room Tip: Pick a harbor view room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for writing about your experience while staying at our property for your celebration. We appreciate you taking the time and hope to see you soon while in the Channel Islands Harbor area in the future.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Front desk staff very helpful! Business center was in use so I was able to use the computer at the front desk. Breakfast was staffed with 2 people, even though there was a reunion going on they were helpful and it wasn't out of anything. Room attendant was fanfastic!

Room Tip: Rooms are fantastic, any room is good.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
PattyTewes, General Manager at Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Dear ejhilliker:
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Hope to see you back soon while in the area in the near future.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

We recently stayed at the Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor for the first time. We LOVED it! We got a Marina view room on the 3rd floor--upon entering the room, our breath was taken away when seeing the sun set over the marina. Absolutely incredible. The rooms were clean, the decor was cute and up to date, the bed was EXTREMELY comfortable. But really, what still brings a smile to my face is the amazing view from the balcony. It is WELL worth it, and I would stay here again JUST for that view!

I was expecting the "hot complimentary breakfast" to be very basic--so I was pleasantly surprised when there was hot scrambled eggs, sausages, potatoes and ham! There was also muffins, bagels, fresh fruit, waffles, danishes, yogurt, and other stuff. The food was GREAT, and there was plenty of seating. The staff was quick to replace food, and clean the tables.

ALL of the staff were very friendly! That was a great bonus.

Overall, I would stay here again in a HEARTBEAT--and I WILL stay here again! Thanks Hampton Inn!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear MamaTo4Gs:
Wow what a review! Thank you so much! We are so thrilled to hear your comments and appreciate them so much... really hope to have you stay with us again very soon.
All the Best,

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Our family spent two nights at the Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor. We stayed in two rooms. The property is located by a marina. The lobby and eating area are in a separate building from the rooms. You have to use a room key to get in and out of the building with the rooms. In other words, don't forget to bing your room key when you go to the lobby or you won't be getting back into the building with your room.

The room was average. The carpet was wet the entire time we were there, probably from the humidity but it was still gross.

The breakfast was standard fare for a Hampton Inn. I will say that the ladies that worked the breakfast area were very, very nice and went above and beyond to be helpful. We were all very impressed with them.

This hotel is very close to the harbor both in Oxnard and Ventura where Island Packers leaves on trips to the Channel Islands. If you are planning on visiting the Channel Islands (which I highly recommend!) this hotel is is a great location.

You can walk along the marina in back of the hotel and there is a Topper's Pizza just a few minutes away.

We did not use the pool area as it was cloudy and cool during out stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Familyof5NJ:
We are glad you came to stay with us while visiting the Channel Islands Harbor and thank you for your comments. I want to apologize for the wet carpet which we didn't notice when checking the room prior to your arrival, also, the reason to lock the doors of the room building is strictly for the security of the guest even though might be an inconvenience sometimes. Never the less we appreciate your business and hope to see you again while in the Channel Islands Area in the future.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

My husband and I were looking forward to staying at the HI Channel Islands Harbor. We booked a harbor view room so we could sit on our balcony and watch the boats come and go. As it turned out, the hotel was great (Hampton Inn's rarely disappoint us). It was very clean, not fancy, but had all we needed and the breakfast was good. Our only complaint was that there was nothing around there. The harbor was pretty empty, so no boats were coming or going to speak of. There was a huge hotel (Casa Sirena, I think) right next door that was boarded up and defunct. Not much around to walk to, especially food. Several of the other businesses in the area were also defunct. Maybe the economy hit the harbor area hard. You could find food and other business up the road a ways but these were on the busier streets. It seemed that the location would have been a great place for a quaint harbor village. Too bad.

Room Tip: Harbor view rooms give you something picturesque to see, the other side is just pool or parking lot.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear jdmcdm:
We all at the Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor want to thank you for taking the time to write this review and help other guests make their travel plans. We appreciate your comments and hope to see you back again while in the area. I see how other places might have some more things closer to their properties for convenience, we do have some restaurants and places to rent boats, kayaks, etc on the other side of the marina however the area is still developing and while some businesses have closed others are being established which makes it for a relaxing getaway. Again, thank you for chosing our property for your travels and we all hope to see you back soon.