“Good for business!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Oxnard
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Good for business!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

A great hotel to spend a business week... It's located near to the main streets of Oxnard and close to 101 hwy. The staff is friendly, good rooms, clean and big. I still don't understand how they can charge you for breakfast in this kind of hotels, but they do, and there's not a lot to pick from. Except from that, this hotel is highly recommendable.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Arnold, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

I have had the pleasure of staying at this hotel 3 times, once at the end of January and twice in February so far. I will be returning two more times in March. The hotel is excellently clean, staff goes above and beyond to make you comfortable and help in anyway they can.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Grobbendonk, Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Booked at the Hilton cause I LOVE the DoubleTree I usually stay at , and Garden Inn's in Bay Area that give great service , what a disappointment was this !! I was not even greeted as HH , no water , nothing !
Although I thought I booked included breakfast , I didn't get breakfast ! I checked in late and very early it was real bussy and lots ff things going on at the hallway !
At 7.30 housekeeping was knocking , and even after I answered 3 !!! Times that I was still sleeping they kept knocking hard on the door !
When I tryed to have breakfast , I was sitting down for more then 10 minutes and nothing happened , later someone real unfriendly ( not to say rude !! ) came to see if I " needed something " .... OJ ( are was it the glass ) smelt strange , for sure was not fresh !
Ooo how I wish I was at my favorit Doubltree !!!
Can't I expect good service at a Hilton , even if staying for one night ????

• Stayed March 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Aircc
James B, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn, Oxnard/Camarillo, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Aircc,

We're very glad we had the opportunity to serve you and appreciate your feedback about your stay. We strive to provide a great service experience for each of our guests and are very sorry for any discomfort you encountered. We've shared your review with our team so that we can improve and hope we can invite you back for a much better stay.

Kind regards,
James B
Director of Sales
lake Forest, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

The staff and facilities are very good at this hotel. The staff goes out of their way to help you and accommodate your needs. They take note of your preference for room locations. Note that the kitchen is available for late arrivals and the food is good.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I checked in late without a reservation and the staff easily accommodated me with a comfortable room and those fresh linens Hilton properties are known for. The lobby was really nicely updated with lots of places to lounge and network. Fresh fruit and ice water are always available and a plus since Oxnard is a long drive from the closet airport. No noise in the room, either, even though the hotel was 1/2 mile from Hwy 101. I was caught off-guard by having to pay for breakfast. I forgot that this wasn't one of the properties that provides complementary breakfast. But it was a nice meal and good service, and worth the $8.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Bakersfield, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

One of the best Hilton Hotels I have ever stayed in, it's lobby is is nice and modern and its staff is super friendly. Another great token it is just off of the 101 with easy access on and off the freeway.

I stayed here back in October and the first thing I noticed was how new everything in the hotel is or at least the feel it gives off. When I got to my room I turned on the heater and after a while I noticed the heat wasn't working. I contacted the front desk and immediately they sent the Maintenance Guy who was very polite and cordial to fix the heater. After about a 10-15 minute diagnoses it turned out the heater could not be fixed, and next thing you know they immediately got me a new room and even gave me a gift basket of several snacks and goodies, which I didn't expect at all for moving me to a new room.

Overall top notch customer service, and is a model for other hotels to follow.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

We just had our couples retreat and everyone loved the hotel and the excellent service! The hotel was clean, staff was very courteous, friendly, polite and willing to assist, if needed... I would stay again without a doubt!! Dolores one of the sales reps tried everything way possible to assist us... She was very professional, courteous and kind. We have been to many fancy hotels "4 & 5" stars and their professional service doesn't even compare to the service we had. I will for sure come again! trust me ... No one pay me to say all this... I do retreats twice a year and I know for sure this is an Excellent Hotel!

• Stayed February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oxnard
Homewood Suites by Hilton Oxnard/Camarillo
Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach - Hotel & Resort
Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor
BEST WESTERN Oxnard Inn
Residence Inn Oxnard River Ridge
Courtyard Oxnard Ventura

Been to Hilton Garden Inn, Oxnard/Camarillo? Share your experiences!