“Nice stay for business”

Hilton Garden Inn, Oxnard/Camarillo
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Oxnard
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I checked in late without a reservation and the staff easily accommodated me with a comfortable room and those fresh linens Hilton properties are known for. The lobby was really nicely updated with lots of places to lounge and network. Fresh fruit and ice water are always available and a plus since Oxnard is a long drive from the closet airport. No noise in the room, either, even though the hotel was 1/2 mile from Hwy 101. I was caught off-guard by having to pay for breakfast. I forgot that this wasn't one of the properties that provides complementary breakfast. But it was a nice meal and good service, and worth the $8.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed February 28, 2014

One of the best Hilton Hotels I have ever stayed in, it's lobby is is nice and modern and its staff is super friendly. Another great token it is just off of the 101 with easy access on and off the freeway.

I stayed here back in October and the first thing I noticed was how new everything in the hotel is or at least the feel it gives off. When I got to my room I turned on the heater and after a while I noticed the heat wasn't working. I contacted the front desk and immediately they sent the Maintenance Guy who was very polite and cordial to fix the heater. After about a 10-15 minute diagnoses it turned out the heater could not be fixed, and next thing you know they immediately got me a new room and even gave me a gift basket of several snacks and goodies, which I didn't expect at all for moving me to a new room.

Overall top notch customer service, and is a model for other hotels to follow.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We just had our couples retreat and everyone loved the hotel and the excellent service! The hotel was clean, staff was very courteous, friendly, polite and willing to assist, if needed... I would stay again without a doubt!! Dolores one of the sales reps tried everything way possible to assist us... She was very professional, courteous and kind. We have been to many fancy hotels "4 & 5" stars and their professional service doesn't even compare to the service we had. I will for sure come again! trust me ... No one pay me to say all this... I do retreats twice a year and I know for sure this is an Excellent Hotel!

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Close the highway, so easy access. Many great places to eath if you don't want to use the hotel restaurant (which serves good food.) New Starbucks in the lobby. Nice outdoor area/pool. Good services for business. Free parking and Internet, which cuts down on costs.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Easy access from the 101 and located in a quiet area. Great pace to stay, newly refurbished, and convenient to Oxnard, Ventura, and Camarillo area. Great value for the price. The hotel staff and management are attentive and responsive to guests needs.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Very nice property. Staff very friendly and helpful. Room as well maintained and very clean/fresh. Front desk staff helpful. The only improvement would be the pillows. They were all very soft and we prefer firmer pillows. Did not notice until we were ready to sleep so we did not request different pillows.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 9, 2014

didn't stay here... note that our rating of this property for for the restaurant only! but it's a hilton, so much be pretty good...

just stopped for a burger since the steak house next door was jammed on a friday night - and hilton hotels serve good food, right? by contrast the little restaurant in the hilton was almost empty - what a joy to have a quiet meal.

and the meal was superb! the burger was great - two of us had different versions and were well pleased. our third had a huge bowl of pasta and was well pleased.

the waitress was cheerful & chatty, along with being right on top of things - getting us all we needed and not taking too long about anything.

definitely will go back!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank bazi43
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oxnard
Homewood Suites by Hilton Oxnard/Camarillo
Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor
Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach Resort
Courtyard Oxnard Ventura
Hampton Inn & Suites Camarillo
Best Western Oxnard Inn

Been to Hilton Garden Inn, Oxnard/Camarillo? Share your experiences!