“Pleased with the my stay at HGI Oxnard/Camarillo”

Hilton Garden Inn, Oxnard/Camarillo
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Oxnard
Reviewed May 30, 2011

Weekend stay for a wedding and my only gripe is when arriving Alec at the front desk was not very welcoming. He made me feel like I was just another customer. I was very pleased with the rest of the staff especially Lulu and the breakfast crew. They were wonderful, caring people that helped to start my day off right!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank commonpeeps

Reviewed May 24, 2011

Hotel was super clean and so were the rooms. Staff was very friendly, helpful and quick. Beds were very, very comfortable. Pool was small, but we still managed to have fun. The rooms don't have balconies, that a downside for me, but we only stayed one night so it was okay. The location is right in the middle of an industrial park, but can walk to some restaurants if you'd like. The restaurant in the hotel was very good. There is a little bar if you like to drink.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 23, 2011

As a Hilton Diamond member, I stay (and prefer) this chain of hotels. This one was much above average for this chain. The location was quiet - away from 101 - but close to many stores (including outlet stores), St. John's Hospital, and an Outback Restaurant within walking distance. The parking lot is shared with a Homewood Suites. Staff is extremely customer oriented. The only negatives were a below average breakfast for this chain (few side and buffet options), and no LCD TV - just a flat screen big box. Many of the better restaurants in the area are not close by, and you have the definite feel of suburbia. However, I would recommend it as a good choice.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 17, 2011

I've stayed at lots of Hilton Garden Inns and this one didn't stand out as anything special like some others have. The staff was OK, not overly friendly, but they were pleasant enough and did their job.

The hotel in general is in good condition although some of the paint is getting scuffed and the doors are dirty. Probably time for a paint touch up soon. We had several maintenance issues with our room. The TV remote (old tube TV, by the way) only changed the channels and nothing else, A/C was extremely noisy until it gave out entirely in the middle of the night, bathtub filled with water during a shower (water pressure was great though!), and the hairdryer only worked on the low setting. None of these things made a whole lot of difference to us since we only stayed one night, but when I reported them upon check out the only response I got was, "Sorry about that." I didn't expect any compensation, but a more sincere apology would have been nice. The free wired and wi-fi internet was very fast and worked properly.

The location is close to the freeway in a business park, but be aware that the off ramp (Rice Ave.) ordinarily used for this hotel is closed for a long time. The overpass is being rebuilt and the old one has been torn down, so it will be closed for several months. Use the N. Rose Ave. exit instead and turn left on E. Gonzales Rd.

As usual for a HGI, the breakfast was fantastic. It was free for me, but even if I had to pay for it I would. Service at breakfast was very friendly and prompt.

I would probably stay here again if I am passing through, but there is a brand new Hilton Homewood Suites across the parking lot that I might try before staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2011

Stopped by for one night. Room was standard business hotel. Had fridge, microwave and desk. Bed was comfortable. I am Hilton gold, so ad the free breakfast which was good. No real complaints here. Would probably stay here again if I was in town for business.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 27, 2011

I need to start this short review by stating that I currently work at a Hilton hotel and as an employee I do not often expect to be treated like a normal guest. While I am always treated so well at Hiltons, I still never expect ultimate service. This Garden Inn has staff that truly know what ultimate service means. My fiancee and I were treated so well and with such respect it was amazing. The room was so clean (with the intentionally bumpy comforter that I adore) and we just had a great experience.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2011

Nice, clean hotel with fantastic breakfast. Nicest place we stayed in during our California trip. Best value for money by a long shot!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oxnard
Homewood Suites by Hilton Oxnard/Camarillo
Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor
Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach Resort
Courtyard Oxnard Ventura
Hampton Inn & Suites Camarillo
Best Western Oxnard Inn

Been to Hilton Garden Inn, Oxnard/Camarillo? Share your experiences!