“Good food. Where's the service?”
Review of Red Lobster

Red Lobster
Ranked #35 of 311 Restaurants in Oxnard
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Ate here on a whim after visiting a local Best Buy store. Good atmosphere like all Red Lobster restaurants but like they lobsters they serve, the service was out to sea. We sat in the bar and had to wait 15 minutes before we were even noticed. The drink order took a while and then the food took 25 minutes to get to our table. We had a couple of servers that included the Manager and one of the cooks who actually brought our food out from the kitchen. They appeared to have more than ample staff but there might have been a problem in the kitchen or something like that. I myself spent years in food service and know things happen so the benefit of the doubt will go to this establishment. The food was good as it is in all Red Lobsters. Hopefully this was just an off night for them.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

Food was ok, however the crab was sweet and delicious. Service was fine and the inside of the restaurant was surprisingly nice. Overall though, just an ok experience.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

Ok ok you say it is a chain...then again it has a great menu and the service is great.
My wife loves the lobster, wood smoked style. Try the seafood sampler a combo of stuffed mushrooms,scallops with wrapped bacon yum!
The sides are especially tempting..Great service and the ambience is quiet.

Reviewed January 11, 2012

As a regular client of Red Lobster it is almost impossible to have any good surprise in this wonderful restaurant chain. But at this time, I must say wow…the waiter in charge to serve our table make a wonderful job (it is good to mention his name = Jason), absolutely professional and make everything to help my family and friends feel amazed. The food, as usual, was perfect, absolutely well prepared and most of all, in very reasonable price. Perfect service with perfect food, congratulations!!!

Reviewed September 28, 2008

IMO the garlic-butter biscuits they put out to munch on are the best part of the Red Lobster experience. This seafood chain has outlets throughout the U.S. , along the lines of Chili's or Olive Garden. Their focus of course is mostly seafood, with nautical-themed decor and menus.

I ordered salad, the seafood pasta and a dessert. The shrimp, lobster, crab and asparagus topping the pasta was good - however I found the linguine bland and overcooked.

The service was good on the day I visited, with attentive and friendly wait staff. When I asked they separated and boxed part of my dessert order for me to take home.