“Love the Farmers Market” 4 of 5 bubbles

Channel Islands Harbor
Ranked #2 of 40 things to do in Oxnard
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Neighbor to the scenic Channel Islands, Channel Islands Harbor is a working harbor that offers fun-filled water activities for the whole family. About an hour's drive north from Los Angeles, the Harbor features several beach-lined parks and coastline for picnics and surfing, as well as nearby biking and walking paths. While at the Harbor, visit our many shops and dine at one of several restaurants with menus ranging from deli sandwiches to Brazilian cuisine. Be sure to check out the Channel Islands Maritime Museum with its ever-changing exhibitions, world-class maritime art, and ship models.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children
Seal Beach, California
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Love the Farmers Market”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

Every time we are in Oxnard I always try and go to the Farmers Market on Sundays. They have a large selection of fruits, vegetables and even fresh caught fish right from the dock.

Visited May 2012

Carpinteria, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Tall sail ship adventure!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012

The harbor is just beautiful. Such a great atmosphere, clean, friendly people - we will definitely be going back. When we went, we went on the tall sails ship "The Bill of Rights". It was outstanding. We even got to help raise the sails. The proceeds go to a good cause, which we didn't know until we were on the boat. After sailing, we stopped in a little sandwich shop for lunch, which was so-so, but the owner was as nice as he could be. Love this harbor. :)

Visited April 2012
2 Thank Carpacabana
oxnard
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 129 helpful votes
“Gaost town”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

owned and operated by the supervisor of Ventura county. the worst land lords in history. this is a beautiful location, not next to a sewer treatment plant like venture harbor. still no one can make a go of it because of the poor management. operations are spotty and may be closed the next day. major chains have closed up rather than do business with the supervisors. What a waste of a beautiful location.

Visited April 2012
2 Thank steve and lisa K
Oak Park, California
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Better than Marina del Rey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2011

We hadn't been here in several years and were very pleasantly surprised to see how nicely kept the area is now. Busy area but easy to get around without the huge LA crowds. Good old Ventura County!

1 Thank LauraJ48
Ventura County, CA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Abundance of activities”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2011

I love the farmers market on Sundays! The taco stand, live music and sunshine always start my day off right!

I've enjoyed the Lookout Bar & Grill late night with friends.

I've had amazing pasta and authentic Italian desserts at the Italian Job.

I've enjoyed breakfast with my dog on the patio at Sea Fresh Restaurant.

I've crammed into Topper's Pizza on a weeknight and felt like it was the only restaurant in town because it was so crowded.

I took a Segway ride around Marine Emporium Landing.

I've savored a sunset harbor cruise aboard the Scarlett Belle paddlewheeler and a sunset ocean cruise on the Tall Ship, Bill of Rights.

I look forward to taking a kayaking harbor tour, seeing the Maritime Museum, playing volleyball with a beer outside the Rudder Room, seeing a play in the park when I have kids... There is so much to do, I need to find the time to enjoy it all!

Visited August 2011