“Very poor value for the price”
Review of TGI Friday's

TGI Friday's
Ranked #129 of 304 Restaurants in Oxnard
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Simi Valley
“Very poor value for the price”
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Wow, Friday's has gone downhill. Hopefully it is just this one location.

We went for lunch on a weekday. We ordered a few appetizers and sandwiches. The boneless buffalo wings were more like just breaded chicken- no sauce whatsoever. We had to ask for a side of sauce to give them any spice at all. Shrimp cocktail was good (hard to mess that up).

I ordered the BBLT, which the menu advertises as "Bacon, bacon, lettuce & tomato- with a side of bacon!". It was just your basic BLT, in fact, rather skimpy on the bacon, maybe 1 or 2 slices of tomato total and hardly any lettuce. I could've made a better BLT myself at home. I added sliced avocado to my sandwich for a dollar, and what I got was about 1 little slice on each half of the sandwich. The menu advertised that both our sandwiches would come on Ciabatta bread, but they showed up on plain old white bread. I also had to pay an extra dollar to get the crispy fried green beans. In all, a skimpy BLT on white bread with sliced avocado and crispy fried green beans should not cost $11.95!

My husband's sandwich sounded pretty good on the menu but was basically ham and a little bit of melted cheese, nothing special and certainly not worth the price. He said it was not good at all. I wish I could remember what it was called.

The service was just mediocre. It was hard to find our waitress sometimes.

Wish we had gone somewhere else. Not good value for the money at all. We will cross Friday's off our list!

• Visited October 2011

california
“its fridays”
Reviewed April 11, 2011

Well this is a chain restaurant so you should know what to expect if youve been to one before. Pretty average overall. service is decent. Never had a huge problem, but no great experience that stands out neither. There are a few good plates, but nothing too memorable. Personally haven't gone in a while. Just not a standout restaurant IMO. I'll recomend if you are in a group just do to the fact they have a decent variety of dishes

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“loooooove it. this is my...”
Reviewed April 19, 2008

loooooove it. this is my spot. especially for happy hour. they have 2 happy hours, one from 3pm-7pm , and another from 10pm-close, only from mon-thurs.

“ewwww”
Reviewed January 2, 2008

ewwww

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Slow service. I have tried here many times in the hopes that it will get better. Unfortunately it does not.”
Reviewed January 2, 2008

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to TGI Friday's? Share your experiences!