“Love this Place”

Fishermen's Catch
Ranked #31 of 312 Restaurants in Oxnard
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed June 18, 2014

When in Oxnard - always stop by this restaurant. The fish is fresh and cook just the way I like it. Staff is friendly and the place is kept very clean.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

My freinds live in the area and said this place was very good. They said the owners have their own boats and catch their own fish. Plus, it doesn't smell fishy like you think it would. So, we went and found it tucked in the bay in a little strip mall. I ordered the Fish 'n Chips and it was tasty and the breading was very, very good. I actually wanted more, but was so full. Their cole slaw was very good as well. My friend ordered the Clam Chowder, she got the cup because the bowl is huge. They all ordered shrimp and they all raved how good it was. I would diffinately go back again and again. Best fish in chips I've had in a long while.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We had the freshest of fish, the best fries, and great Clam Chowder. These folks have their own boats and all of the food was excellently prepared and delicious! I was visiting friends, and it was so good I stopped by before my drive home to get a halibut sandwich for the road, and some fish to cook at home.
It is in a little shopping center, but don't be fooled, and don't miss this gem!

1  Thank louisemb
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I ate at this restaurant during a business trip and liked is so much, I went back the next night. This is a very casual restaurant and seafood market. You can look a the fresh seafood in the display case, then order at the counter and they bring the meal to your table. They have a good selection of fresh fish and shell fish. I had scallops one night and grilled halibut the next night. Both entrees were great. They have a variety of side dishes available as well.

My only complaint is the size of the portions. It is not super cheap (about $20 for an entree, 2 sides and a drink), so I think they should have had larger portions on the sides (the seafood portions were good).

1  Thank KwajTom
Reviewed March 24, 2014

This is a wonderful local favorite restaurant. The owner's are fisherman, the family owns and runs the restaurant which is not fancy, but clean and the food cannot be beat. Everything is good here. Eat it here or take it out. There are some outside tables with a harbor view. They also sell fresh fish to cook at home. Ask what's in season, the spot prawns are the best thing I have ever eaten, but not always available. great grilled fish, clam chowder, fish and chips, fish tacos...YUM!

1  Thank KristiKN

Been to Fishermen's Catch? Share your experiences!