“Live wells make it freah” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout
oxnard
“Live wells make it freah”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

And they know how to cook it. A large selection of seafood. Better can't be found. order at the counter and brought to the table. I have a problem eating and cutting food with plastic. That doesn't take away from the food. Maybe order it to go and use my own. They have just expanded because of high demand. They have their on fishing boat and import live Maine lobsters. Alaskan Halibut. fresh shrimp and sea bass. They even get black sea bass because of a grandfather law they have had the lic. for many years. It is right on the harbor so it has a great view and is located in the Von's shopping center. Not open to late so get there early. Serving beer and wine with refills on the fountain sodas. Great iced tea. really good fries and the clam chowder is a local favorite, and you will not find better anywhere.

Visited January 2013

Albany, CA
“Fresh Seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Selected this restaurant for dinner based on ratings we read online. We were surprised when we arrived to discover that the restaurant is set up like a Panera Bread - place your order at the counter, pay, then sit down and the food will come to you. I guess it's okay as long as you weren't wanting the full service atmosphere. Anyway, our food was incredibly fresh. I had the spicy salmon/ahi salad, and my partner had the grilled halibut- we both loved the freshness of the seafood, and everything was well seasoned. We were also given a tiny sampler of their clam chowder which we ate while waiting for our orders to arrive, and the chowder is very, very good. It was so good, that the next evening we only wanted something simple for dinner, so we went back and each had a medium size bowl of chowder and it hit the spot on a chilly evening. Chowder is loaded, yes loaded with clams!! Not too thick, not too thin, and tasty.
Staff very friendly and efficient. Other customers seemed happy.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Lake Ozark, Missouri
“We're going back tomorrow night!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

Excellent food, moderate pricing. I had the fish & chips with cod, the wife had the crab cakes. Served quickly and hot and with great attitude. The owner came over and talked with us for quite some time. He's very proud of the food and rightly so. If I hadn't ordered the four piece fish & chips I would have tried the clam chowder. The owner gave each of us a small sample and even though I prefer Manhattan style clam chowder, I will get this when we go back tomorrow night for the grilled fish.
Do not go here for the decor! It's plain and simple and right now they are expanding next door and the back part of the place is under construction. Didn't hurt the food one bit.
One thing, don't go by the address on the web site; it's wrong. It's in the Seabridge Market place at the corner of Wooley & Victoria, right next to the Coffee Bean.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Port Hueneme, California
“Right out of the Ocean!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Fisherman's Catch is an excellent fish and sea food restaurant. You can get just about anything from fresh caught fish to lobster, scallops, and crab. Tastes fresh caught because it is. Huge platters, reasonable prices. It's a very casual, order at the front and your meal is brought to you. Always filled with people, couples to families. You can buy fresh fish and sea food raw to take home too. You won't leave feeling hungry and you will be deliciously satisfied! Right on the harbor so if you get a table outside, you've got a view of the water and boats. Great place, we go often.
P.S., if you have a fussy non-fish eater in your group, there's a hamburger platter available and also children's plates.

• Visited October 2012
Bakersfield
“Talk About Your Catch of the Day!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

My family happened upon this restaurant, which is located in a strip mall near the grocery store we'd stop by to pick up some fruit. It doesn't look like much from the outside but don't let that fool you. The fish this family serves up is absolutely delicious and FRESH!! The owner and his son go out fishing early every morning and whatever they catch is what they serve that day. You order at the front as you walk in, and the day we were there, Sandy, who is the wife and mother of the fishermen, took our order, recommending the sea bass plate. The fish was perfectly grilled and came with two sides. I chose the corn on the cob and the coleslaw which were both great, however the coleslaw was especially tasty with tiny pieces of pineapple tossed in for a sweet addition. I also had a small clam chowder that I dare say may have been the best I've ever had--the clams being tender rather than chewy. We went back another day and had the fish and chips and were able to choose which type of fish we wanted to be deep fried. Again, we were not disappointed. I believe that day we had a choice of snapper, halibut, sea bass, and thresher shark. My husband thought the prices seemed a bit high until he bit into the fish and decided it was worth every penny!!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Fishermen's Catch? Share your experiences!