“We're going back tomorrow night!”
Review of Fishermen's Catch

Fishermen's Catch
Ranked #17 of 312 Restaurants in Oxnard
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Excellent food, moderate pricing. I had the fish & chips with cod, the wife had the crab cakes. Served quickly and hot and with great attitude. The owner came over and talked with us for quite some time. He's very proud of the food and rightly so. If I hadn't ordered the four piece fish & chips I would have tried the clam chowder. The owner gave each of us a small sample and even though I prefer Manhattan style clam chowder, I will get this when we go back tomorrow night for the grilled fish.
Do not go here for the decor! It's plain and simple and right now they are expanding next door and the back part of the place is under construction. Didn't hurt the food one bit.
One thing, don't go by the address on the web site; it's wrong. It's in the Seabridge Market place at the corner of Wooley & Victoria, right next to the Coffee Bean.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Fisherman's Catch is an excellent fish and sea food restaurant. You can get just about anything from fresh caught fish to lobster, scallops, and crab. Tastes fresh caught because it is. Huge platters, reasonable prices. It's a very casual, order at the front and your meal is brought to you. Always filled with people, couples to families. You can buy fresh fish and sea food raw to take home too. You won't leave feeling hungry and you will be deliciously satisfied! Right on the harbor so if you get a table outside, you've got a view of the water and boats. Great place, we go often.
P.S., if you have a fussy non-fish eater in your group, there's a hamburger platter available and also children's plates.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

My family happened upon this restaurant, which is located in a strip mall near the grocery store we'd stop by to pick up some fruit. It doesn't look like much from the outside but don't let that fool you. The fish this family serves up is absolutely delicious and FRESH!! The owner and his son go out fishing early every morning and whatever they catch is what they serve that day. You order at the front as you walk in, and the day we were there, Sandy, who is the wife and mother of the fishermen, took our order, recommending the sea bass plate. The fish was perfectly grilled and came with two sides. I chose the corn on the cob and the coleslaw which were both great, however the coleslaw was especially tasty with tiny pieces of pineapple tossed in for a sweet addition. I also had a small clam chowder that I dare say may have been the best I've ever had--the clams being tender rather than chewy. We went back another day and had the fish and chips and were able to choose which type of fish we wanted to be deep fried. Again, we were not disappointed. I believe that day we had a choice of snapper, halibut, sea bass, and thresher shark. My husband thought the prices seemed a bit high until he bit into the fish and decided it was worth every penny!!

Been to Fishermen's Catch? Share your experiences!