“Best Sushi in the West!”
Review of Anaba Sushi

Anaba Sushi
Ranked #3 of 305 Restaurants in Oxnard
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Port Hueneme, California
“Best Sushi in the West!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Lived in LA for many years so I know there's a lot of competition out there. Anaba beats them all - hands down.

Excellent - can't wait to go back.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank LaBritGirl

Surrey
“Amazing Sushi!”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

This has to be one of my favourite restaurants of a 5 week trip around the South Western USA. Who would have thought that a town I'd never heard of before would have such a lovely little place to hand. The selection is wonderful and the mouthwatering taste of everything sublime. The service is top notch and the restaurant decor isn't over the top. I have to say the best ever, and I mean best ever Gyoza I have eaten - I would like to relocate this restaurant to England for them alone!!! My husband couldn't get enough of the sashimi and it was all so beautifully fresh. I plumped for a noodle dish which was amazing. Such a shame we only had 2 days in Oxnard, with food like this I could spend a month at least!

2 Thank Meggles57
Massachusetts
“Very good sushi!”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We enjoyed a quiet dinner here and love every minute of it. The food--we had miso soup and three different sushi rolls--was very good. The spicy tuna roll was a big winner. The restaurant overlooks a portion of Channel Islands Harbor, and that's a bonus. The staff was attentive, and they put on a pretty unique "happy birthday" show for diners. You're been warned! Seriously, though, we'll return here.

1 Thank Melvillean
Ventura, California
“The best sushi in Ventura County”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

The atmosphere is very calm and relaxing. The decor in the restaurant is very pleasurable. The food is very flavorful and amazing. I have tried many sushi restaurants in Ventura and Oxnard, and this restaurant is by far my number one!

1 Thank amteetees
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Variety and Quality”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

My daughter wanted sushi - we had just completed a full day of sea kayaking and hiking and had worked up an appetite! Anaba Sushi was the perfect way to end a superb day! Lots of variety, beautiful presentation, new blends of flavors that I had not seen before with sushi. We got the Hawaiian roll, the Mango Salmon Roll, and the Macadamia roll. Everything was fresh, and attractive, and of course, very tasty! I loved the blend of textures, colors, and flavors. The Salmon Mango was particularly memorable, just because the hint of fruitiness added such a flair to the typical flavors of the other ingredients. The addition of the tempura green beans to the Macadamia roll was nothing short of genius! Such balance of flavors - nothing overshadowing or overpowering. I would love to go back and try some of the other offerings there - the place was packed at 8 pm on a Saturday night - always a good sign! And the location was in a shopping center - very comfortable and easy to find (as long as your GPS unit isn't dyslexic like mine was!). We sat at the sushi bar - always more fun because you get dinner and a show watching the sushi chefs prepare their artistry. Thank you, Anaba, for ending our night on a high note!

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank mimififi

Been to Anaba Sushi? Share your experiences!