“Best price in the area for extended stay”

Courtyard Oxnard Ventura
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Oxnard
Madison, Wisconsin
“Best price in the area for extended stay”
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

We drove around Camarillo, Oxnard and Ventura looking for the best deal for an extended stay. We found this place to be the most affordable and comfortable.

The food is priced fair and taste better than most hotel food.

The rooms are clean and average size.

I was surprised by how quiet the hotel was even when busy.

There is a nice outdoor pool and the rooms with balconies offer a cool breeze of fresh air into the room.

The service was exceptional and friendly.

But the cable is only basic with HBO. No Bravo or E or other guilty pleasure reality TV.

I was very happy that room service gratuity was not automatically added because in the last hotel we stayed in it was and we ended up inadvertently leaving a 50% gratuity.

The location is tucked away in a business park but only a mile from a WHOLEFOODS, providing us with healthy food to store in the mid size fridge included in the room.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Glamour_traveler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Ventura, California
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

When we first arrived for check in we thought wow what a beautiful hotel. Until they gave us our keys and we headed up to our room in building C. These rooms are outdated. I've stayed in a best western that was way nicer than this hotel. I mean hello this is a Marriott. The staff was nice and so were the housekeeping staff but other than that I would NOT stay here again. By the way the room we stayed in had 2 beds which were comfy but not so impressed with this hotel. The lobby should represent your rooms. What's the point of a nice lobby and ugly rooms. I mean we aren't sleeping in the lobby you know. And also when we checked in the lady "Maureen" or Marlene whatever her name was said oh by the way no partying or being loud, hello lady I have kids with me why would you say that? I really don't care if you tell all your guests that it just sounds so rude maybe try to implement that under policies. Was not here to party. I was here to rest and feel a little at home. Not impressed at all.

Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Disneymommy09
Peter M, Manager at Courtyard Oxnard Ventura, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Disneymommy,

We appreciate your feedback, as it lets us know where we can be better. I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay with us, we do host many sports teams, and I am sure the assumption was one that you may also be a participatory guest, cautioning the need for quiet and courtesy to others. We attempt to make the guests stay here as comfortable and pleasant.
Our guest rooms are older but we attempt to keep them clean and in good condition, they are all scheduled for renovation this fall.
Please allow us a chance to show you our hotel on a future stay. If there is anything that I can personally assist with, Please let me know how we can make it a pleasant stay for you when you come back to visit.
Zirich
Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here 3 nights and for the price it was absolutely perfect. Rooms are clean and spacious, staff is friendly and hotel is well located. We would stay here again. It is the perfect hotel if you are on the way from San Francisco to San Diego. And LA is an hour from Oxnard.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Maureen B, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Oxnard Ventura, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
We would like to thank you for staying with us at the Courtyard by Marriott in Oxnard, and for taking the time to review our property. Every guest here is a valued guest and I'm glad we were able to share that with you. We look forward to your next visit .
Maureen
Team Courtyard
Broomfield, Colorado
Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this courtyard because it was the closest to my business meeting location. It is a Courtyard but rather different. It is old but there are some things that could be done immediately to improve the customer experience. Number one signage. I hated that there was no sign when you get off the elevator that tells where the work room or pool is. Having to walk around the lobby in my work out clothes is annoying. There was plenty of equipment in the work room. It was nice. The other thing I found different from standard Courtyards was the weird techno music playing in the lobby at 8a. The staff was very friendly and the food in the bistro was good. I may stay again when in the area.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Peter M, Manager at Courtyard Oxnard Ventura, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear Elena C,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that you stayed with us the Courtyard Oxnard Ventura .

Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We have a planned renovation this year that will include signage for amenities. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.
Ridgecrest, California
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I stay at a lot of Marriott branded hotels. This hotel has got to be the worst. The staff is very friendly and helpful and tried to help me, but with the hotel in the condition that it is in it is very hard to meet the requests. This place is old and is in need of serious refurbishment. Holes in the carpet in the hallways, doors to the inside are unlocked, beds are old, the place is old. Sorry I don't like writing these types of reviews. In fact, I didn't even look at the tripadvisor reviews before staying here because I knew it was a Marriott.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
LynnAnneGreene, Manager at Courtyard Oxnard Ventura, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear Explorer,

Thank you for your response and review in regards to your stay at our Hotel. we enjoy hearing from our guests on the quality of their time with us, the good and not so good alike. It allows us a chance to become better.
I apologize that we did not meet your needs during your stay with us. We do try to make it enjoyable, and our staff strives to make it memorable as well as informative, from local eateries to nighttime entertainment venues, and to the plentiful shopping adventures at the Collection.
We are in the first phase of reconstruction here, as we too are aware of the buildings need for freshening up. Currently we are removing the popcorn / textured ceilings that was in style so many years ago, and later this year, we are engaging in a complete hotel /guest room renovation from carpet to wallpaper, furnishings to fixtures including new paint to the exterior.
Its a large undertaking as I am sure you can imagine. Please come and visit us again to let us show you the butterfly that emerges from this cocoon.
Thank You for staying with us, and we hope to see you again soon.
Walton-On-Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is clean and the staff are friendly. However... The food appears to be microwave and the staff don't appear to understand that starters come before mains, not the other way round, his excuse - the main was ready faster (I'm not sure that's really the point). Also we were woken very early by staff who were being loud in the corridor and constantly trying another door (06:45ish - not sure they realise that some people staying there aren't business people up early). That said we didn't have a bad stay just could have been a lot better, not up to the normal Marriott standard.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
LynnAnneGreene, Manager at Courtyard Oxnard Ventura, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Tourers_84,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I have passed on your concerns about the food to our Food and Beverage Manager. I am so sorry that our employees were noisy in the hallways. Our General Manager has made all managers aware that this happened so that the situation can be corrected. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience that this might have caused you. We hope that this does not deter you from choosing us again in the future.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 23, 2014

A lovely hotel. One of the reasons I stay loyal to the Marriott brand. Went to Ventura County for a 2 day stay to visit a friend. One of the best looking Courtyards. I would definitely stay here again and again and again. Hassle free check in and check out. Password free wifi.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms overlooking the pool...