“Excellent Customer Service at Courtyard Oxnard” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Oxnard Ventura

Courtyard Oxnard Ventura
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Oxnard
Colorado
“Excellent Customer Service at Courtyard Oxnard”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2008

The staff at this hotel is exceptional! They go above and beyond to ensure your comfort and satisfaction.

The hotel is older and has some sound/privacy issues, but these are overcome through outstanding service.

• Liked — Staff
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Grover Beach CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2007

The hotel is nice. The rooms were clean. The staff was fine. The service at dinner was very slow. Food was good at both dinner and breakfast. We were there for a sports tournament and it worked out fine for that.

• Stayed November 2007
1 Thank BleednBlu
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2007

We stayed here two nights and booked their kayak package. Full breakfast buffet was included in our package. The room was clean, and king bed very comfortable. We had a balcony room on the 3rd floor facing the parking lot. There was a little road noise from the freeways, but we still slept pretty well. Hotel is located behind a business office park area. Check-in and check-out were efficient and friendly.

• Liked — Clean room with comfortable beds
  • Disliked — Not that many movie selections on pay-per-view
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
Northern California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2007

If you like the sounds of train whistles, low-flying aircraft and the freeway, this might just be your place. There is train track on the north side, a freeway to the east, and a nearby municipal airport. If any of that keeps you awake at night, the extremely noisy A/C unit may drown it out, (but then you have to deal with that)!

Otherwise, room was spacious, staff was helpful and the place was clean.

Stayed October 2007
Sacramento
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2007

I liked this hotel for a few big important reasons, CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN! I paid a reasonable price (government rate booked through hotel website) and enjoyed their lovely pool, small workout area, and my room. My large bathroom had a great shower/bath, a big tv, lots of space, comfy bed (with extra pillows). My only two complaints are: the night was noisy due to a wedding party that was booked into the lobby area ballroom. I could hear their music and voices right down the lobby breezeway into my room. And I wasn't thrilled about my room location being right off the parking lot, at ground level. I couldn't open my curtains or windows because I would have been part of the parking lot scene. But overall, I liked this hotel and will stay again. Oh yeah, great location-near the freeway but couldn't hear it!

• Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
San Francisco
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2007

Although a generally nice hotel, the hot tub was COLD in the morning, about 30 minutes after the posted openning time for the spa/pool.

The spa/pool technician said that it must be a problem with the heater system. The front desk staff was not responsive and ignored my request for a manager to call me (never received phone call). The Marriot customer service representitive apologized, but said in an email that typically, it takes some time for the hot tub to warm up. He said that they'd review their pool/spa hours.

Marriot needs to realize that people book their stays often times because available amenities and this actually constitutues a misrepresentation of their servicies.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2007

I wanted to stay in Santa Barbara, but I couldn't find a room less than $200. I went to priceline and got this hotel for $50, with taxes a total of $62 for a Saturday night. Easy check in. Very convenient just off the 101, and only a 40 minute drive to Santa Barbara. Room was located on the first floor, minifridge, king bed, nice size bath, ac unit, and I really liked the fact that I parked my car right in the lot next to my room so that I could see my car. Not a nice view (parking lot) I know, but I'm always worried that my car is being broken in to! So I slept well knowing I could see (& hear the alarm) the car on the other side of the glass door from my room. I didn't use the pool or spa, but it looked nice, and no one seemed to be using it. No noise and I was next to the parking lot and a wedding was going on in the building next door. I would stay here again.

Stayed August 2007