Courtyard Oxnard Ventura
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsfront desk staffnice hotelcouple of nightscoffee potbeds were very comfortableconvenient locationwould stay here againmain buildingmini fridge and microwavebusiness centereasy accesssliderssanta barbarashort drivemarriottfreewaylobby
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I would stay here again, the room was really big!! There were 3 adults with plenty of room, no feeling of being crowded. There was renovation in progress but was not bothersime. The front desk staff were courteous and helpful. Great place to stay!

Room Tip: Corner suites on the top floor were large and bright.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I have stayed at many Courtyards ( I am Marriott Gold) and have stayed at a few under construction like this one. Such a disappointment, despite a wonderful and friendly front desk staff. The room is old, refrigerator, though turned on, is not working. The electrical outlets are in disrepair (plugs don,t stay in)... And they are poorly located for those of us with plug in medical devices (cpap). With only ONE elevator working, we have resigned ourselves to walking down the five flights and trying to be patient waiting to go up. The quality of the $11 breakfast is not up to Marriott standards, and the made to order eggs, well, lets just say that sending them back twice tells the story (along with VERY greasy bacon, cheap white bread french toast, and otherwise standard UNHEALTHY items.) In all, what a poorly managed hotel. the saving grace is the staff ((both front desk and dining). Oh, and thank you Natasha at the front desk.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank senyor
Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

During my 9 day trip travelling along the West Coast this was the best hotel my family and I stayed in (in terms of value and overall comfort). Room was bright (dislike poorly lit rooms!!) and had free WiFi. Also, complimentary copies of WSJ was available for guests. Just outside of Hotel you will find usual convenience stores. Only negative was the quality of breakfast ....the coffee was so weak it was barely recognisable!!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 31, 2012

All I gotta say is "no regrets staying here." I very much enjoyed staying in this hotel . Very comfy beds, friendly staff members great accommodations etc. I'm glad my boyfriend and I paid the extra money even thou we were on a budget.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here on my way to driving the pch. Arrived here at midnight and the first room was completely dirty the second room was ok, we needed a place to stay for the night. In the morning, the toilet backlogged with poop in it. the breakfast was terrible. To make matters worse, I heard a couple a breakfast say their tub backed up and an employee blamed it on the construction. If you are under construction, you cannot have these kind of safety issues, because yes, backed up plumbing falls into that category. I will say they gave us 20% off, but I think we should have had the room comped. We still spent $120 for 10 hours too long.

• Stayed: July 2012
Katie G, General Manager at Courtyard Oxnard Ventura, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2012

Waterchick84, I was very disappointed when I read your review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear that this was your experience with us and would love the opportunity to discuss and make it right with you. The lobby construction has absolutely no impact on the guest room plumbing and it was incorrect of one of our staff to speak to that without having appropriate knowledge. Please let us know what we can do to demonstrate our apologies, please also feel free to reach out to either myself or Alejandra Fuentes, our Front Office Manager.