“awesome ...”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Colton, California
“awesome ...”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

had dinner here on a friday night.
we went early to beat the crowd. fast service by Ryan. ambience is romantic !!! exceptionally good food -mushroom stuffed tortellini was rich, creamy and tasted artesanal.
i like to patronize local businesses and this place is some cafe oxnard is blessed to have.
majority of their gelato are imported.... why they import them is my question. i thought gelato can be made locally. the pistachio is good - altho it has scanty nuts.
i will definitely want to try everything in their menu , which means every time i come to oxnard i will drop by this place. :-)

Visited November 2012

Los Angeles, California
“Great meal!”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I had looked at several reviews for Italian restaurants in Oxnard since we were spending the weekend there soon. We got into town late, so I picked this one as the most hopeful for serving late diners. I laughed when I saw that their hours posted were "...til closing". A little vague, but they took us right in. We both had really great entrees; I had the pork chop and hubby had a creamy fettuccine thing. Shared the limoncello panna cotta and it all was wonderful. Our server was helpful and attentive and really seemed happy to be there. Only thing that bothered me was the acoustics in the restaurants. It got very loud at times. But overall a really enjoyable meal.

• Visited November 2012
malibu
“Hidden jem”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Had lunch here with better half last Friday. Each had lentil soup to start -- lunch in itself. I then had the $10 lunch special -- there was pleany of choice and I had the linguine with chicked which was excellent. My spouse had a fabulous prosciutto sandwich which could easily have fed us both. Shared an excellent tiramisu to finish. Even with a latte and two Morettis, we struggled to spend $60.

Very pleasant service. The space is a little sterile, probably better in the evening with less harsh daylight. Would definitely recommend a visit.

• Visited June 2012
Switzerland, Fla.
“One of the best meals of our trip”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husand and I arrived in Oxnard on a beautiful, cool August afternoon. After checking into our channel view hotel we opened a bottle of wine, took a brisk walk, then watched a gorgeous sunset from our balcony. Around 7:30 PM we decided to find a place to eat dinner. The front desk clerk recommended several nearby places, but we chose "The Italian Job Cafe", 2810 S. Harbor Blvd. The name sounded odd, but it was a wonderful, quaint "neighborhood style" bistro. They had just posted a "closed" sign on the door when we walked up at 8 PM,(Oxnard is not L.A.!) but we stepped in the door anyway, and "pleaded" to be seated, as there were many tables still full of happy customers having their meals delivered.

I guess my "Southern charm" convinced them to let us stay, and boy are we glad they did! The food was superb, the fresh catch delicious, and the service excellent. The chef has worked in many restaurants, some in L.A., and the menu selections had a large variety of choices , including items for all of us who do not eat meat. They have a full bar, large wine selection, and are very friendly. It was a perfect end to a perfect day!

• Visited August 2012
Camarillo, California
“Great Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We have been regulars here for a few years and never tire of it. Food, Service, everything is fantastic. The owner is from Sardinia and has owned restaurants in several other countries. Pastas are home made; everything is prepared fresh; gelato is imported from Italy. Their new $10.00 lunch menu is terrific but, again, the entire menu is a value proposition. To Ryan, Regina, and Gianni.....you're the best! ;~}>

• Visited October 2012

Been to The Italian Job Cafe? Share your experiences!