“Local eatery”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Oxnard, California, United States
“Local eatery”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

The food is excellent. Moderate pricing but excellent food. Homemade pasta and bread, the arugula salad, bruchetta, wine, pumpkin raviolis, outta this world. A special waiter that will charm the pants off you, he makes animal noises. Can you take me here? I'm hungry.

Visited July 2012

Frederick, Maryland
“Great food - worth skipping the seafood restaurants & bars/pubs”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Me, the wife & our twin boys (11 years old) all enjoyed our lunch at The Italian Job. Frittata, Penne Bolognese, Chicken Parmesan & Chicken Marsala - all were very good. Great Gelato for dessert. Great service too!

“Very good Italian food”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Ate here with my husband. We had the house chianti and it was surprisingly good. A little light and sweet. Then we ordered the bruchetta. Oh my this was a meal in itself. Big slices of bread with chopped tomatoe, garlic and basil yummo. Then we had a salad that was delicious, spaghetti and meatballs. The icing on the cake was the spa ONI ice cream cake, double yummo. The restaurant was cute and very clean. Typically menus are the biggest carriers of germs and bacteria and theirs were spotless. The service was very good. Loved this place and on my next trip to Oxnard I will definitely eat here again

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank ScottsdaleSchnoodle
Oxnard, California, United States
“Best lunch in the harbor”
Reviewed May 10, 2012

We eat here frequently after sailing, but recently I've been walking over for their gourmet sandwiches at lunch time.

Visited April 2012
2 Thank Dan R
Arroyo Grande, California
“A Hidden Treasure on the Ventura County Coast”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

My bride and I dropped in on a cool and windy Monday evening looking for pizza and pasta, and if possible, a good glass of wine.
We were delightedly surprised by the cheery taverna decor and the huge wine 'cellar' stacked in the dining room. Even better, they have a full bar for aperitifs.
After cocktails my bride had a cup of the lenticche, lentil soup, and pronounced it very tasty, and too hot to eat immediately, "they way soup should be" she said.
For dinner she chose a margherita pizza, and I was in the mood for the tortelloni porcini.
We were not dissappointed in either choice.
The classic pizza was crisp and paper thin, with a brushing of tomato sauce, a generous sprinkling of mozzarella, and plenty of fresh basil and oregano. I managed to snag a taste, and if I am back to Channel Islands Harbor, I will get one of my own.
My tortelloni was exquisite, perfectly al dente puffs of mushroom and ricotta bathed in a superbly creamy herb and mushroom sauce. I was in pasta heaven. So much so that I forgot the leftover pizza box on the table....ah well....We washed down the meal with a glass of chianti (bride) and pinot grigio (me). For house-selected wine by-the-glass, it was quite good.
Next time I will come hungrier: the menu is extensive and intriguing, and despite our semi-vegan dinners, the chicken, fish, veal, lamb and beef dishes sound fabulous, as do the other fifteen (15!) pasta dishes, seven salads, appetizers, lunch sandwiches, pizzas, and desserts.
As for this being the best Italian eatery in Oxnard, I would expand that to the whole county if not further.

• Visited April 2012
3 Thank jonhartz

Been to The Italian Job Cafe? Share your experiences!