“Good service, good food, best price!”
Review of OH! Sushi

OH! Sushi
Ranked #137 of 322 Restaurants in Oxnard
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I am not a sushi fan, but most of the people in my group are. They thought the sushi was really good (I had noodles). The surprising thing is how cheap everything was. We ate at a lot of restaurants in the area and this was by far the cheapest. The owner/operators are an authentic old couple from the home country. The presentation of the dishes was amazing! And the alcoholic beverages were barely more than you would pay at the liquor store ($3.25 for 24 oz bottles of saki).

Reviewed November 27, 2011

Love Japanese food, stopped on way home to LA from SFO for dinner...

Prices seemed high for a neighborhood restaurant...but hoped for the best.

Sushi was mediocre...big emphasis on trendy Americanized rolls, but ordinary negiri was sloppy in execution. Miso soup was a tepid bowl of saltiness w/ little flavor and nothing but a few flakes of green onion (did they foget tofu in my bowl?) Tempura was tough & bready...not light & crispy. Dad's beef teriyaki was overcooked....dry & tough meat glazed in sauce. Biggest offense was my grilled mackerel w/ miso sauce, which had a edge of purely carbonized fish, was full of bones, and included a FIN! Don't these guys know how to fillet or grill a fish? Waitress just shrugged when I pointed it out to her...and when I told her to *show it to the chef*, she disappeared...and came back to tell me that there was "no need to."

Don't waste your money.

Reviewed June 12, 2011

Nabeyaki udon is something I try at most Japanese restaurants I go to, but was SORELY disappointed with the quality I got at Oh! Sushi. Sure, the service was friendly, but the water tasted and smelt of bleach and everything is overpriced. The Rainbow Roll we got was decent and maybe even a little above average; however, their version of "tempura nabeyaki udon" is udon noodles topped with tempura and some (decorative) long, white mushrooms--AND THAT'S IT, LITERALLY NOTHING ELSE. I could have made a better version at home for $5, much less the $12 + tip I spent on it if I recall correctly.
My suggestions? If you want sushi, go to Sumo Sushi in Ventura and order 3 things of sushi per person to get 50% off the total sushi / non-specialty-roll order (anyone ordering from the dinner menu is optionally excluded from this). If you want noodles go to Ozeki Noodle in Oxnard for the best (and cheapest: $10) nabeyaki in town. But don't order nabeyaki from Sumo Sushi or you'll get a soup of 40% noodles, 50% onions, and 10% vegetables.

1  Thank LamboidSuture
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed June 5, 2008

Really good sushi restaurant in a random strip mall. They have some very interesting rolls that I don't see at other restaurants.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to OH! Sushi? Share your experiences!