“Best Salmon”
Review of The Whales Tail - CLOSED

The Whales Tail
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Scenic view, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Channel Islands Blvd
Santa Barbara, California
“Best Salmon”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This was a pleasant surprise. Nice views, great service, very good food. Enjoyed the salad "boat". The salmon was the best I've had in a long time. Very well done!

Visited October 2012

California
“Great View”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I didn't read any reviews before going, I just happened across the restaurant driving around. I did not eat in the restaurant, I ate upstairs in the bar area. I don't know how different the restaurant menu is from the bar area, but upon the reccomendation of the bar tender, who was very nice (and awful cute), I had the fish tacos. They were by far the best ones I've had, (ask for extra sauce, it's really good). The atmosphere was comfortable, the staff was really friendly, the view of the harbor was very relaxing. I will definately be back.

SOCAL
“Low Class”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This restaurant has horrible food, and has low class servers. Nice view of harbor water, but nothing more. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY.

1 Thank RandySocal
Chatsworth California
“Loved the Sunday Brunch!”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

My wife and I along with the family celebrated our 45th Wedding Aniversary here on Sunday October 7th of this year. The all you can eat buffet was the best one I've ever been to. Seafood of all kinds was abundant (Oysters on the half shell, mussels, shrimp crab legs etc.) as well as all kinds of Mexican food, and Eggs Benedict French Toast, Roast Beef and so much more I cant even remember it all. The food was terrific. The service was outstanding and the Champaigne just kept on coming! I just can't say enough about this great place.
What was amazing to us is that the place was not even nearly filled to capacity on a Sunday morning especially with all the excellent food. Not to mention the reasonable prices!
Our waitress told us they had stopped having the Sunday Brunch about six months ago due to the economy but had recently decided to bring it back about 3 months ago.
So let the word go forth!
Try the Whales Tail for Sunday Brunch. You will be glad you did. Promise!!!!

Oxnard, California, United States
“Local drinks”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Strong tropical drinks, good deals on early bird dinners, wonderful views. Seafood here is great! Get here before 3pm and get a great seafood dinner and all you can eat salad bar. Good deal.

Visited July 2012