“Best Americas Best Value I've ever stayed at”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Oroville
Dallas, Texas
“Best Americas Best Value I've ever stayed at”
Reviewed October 30, 2010

Just finishing up a stay here for work we were doing in Gridley.
When I first saw we were staying at an Americas Best Value, I was a little concerned. I've stayed at a couple back in Texas, and they were terrible. This one was a pleasant surprise.

Rooms are slightly dated, but big enough that my "roomie" and I weren't encroaching on each others space. We had a tiny cube refrigerator in our room when we first checked in, but the staff were more than willing to bring in a larger one on Monday. Room came with a microwave, so I could heat up all my frozen stuff.

Beds were comfortable enough. We were on the back bank of rooms, so we never heard any road noise.

As other reviewers have said, the towels here are thin, but I managed to dry off, so no biggie.

Breakfast was cereal and sweet rolls, with orange juice, milk and coffee. Nothing fancy, but it did the job.

Wireless internet seemed pretty slow, so I plugged an ethernet cable into the port in the wall and all was well.

Laundry room has two washers and two dryers, and you can get all the change you need from Kiran and staff at the office.

Overall, since they changed out the fridge, I've got no complaints. I would be more than happy to stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank jeffari-al-texani
abvioroville, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 15, 2011
Thank you for posting your review, we appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
seattle
Reviewed May 8, 2010

Just remodeled...very pretty and clean and comfortable and a great value. Can't beat this place for the price...$59 for the three of us. Great location and they even have a BBQ area. And while you're in Oroville, check out the Chinese Temple. $3 admission, which includes a short guided tour. We loved it!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank akullberg
We appreciate your business and want to insure that your stay is comfortable we hope that you will return in the future.
Fresno
Reviewed April 13, 2010

We were in town for the W.E. Rock event at Surplus City. We called twice to let them know we were arriving later than expected. It was never a problem with them. The room was large, spotless & the bed very comfortable. Restaurants, coffee & WalMart near hotel. Continental breakfast was pretty standard as with most hotels. Will definitely stay there next year.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank TGMomFresno
Thank you for your comments we pride ourselves in providing you with clean, comfortable lodging accomodations and want to be sure that your stay is a memorable one. We look forward to your return here at Americas Best Value Inn.
Marin, California
Reviewed September 21, 2009

I travel a lot and stay in a wide range of hotels. I repeatedly choose this hotel because it has the most comfortable bed and pillows as well as a clean, comfortable room. The next night of my weekend trip, I stayed in a hotel that cost more than twice as much. It had the same room features only a little newer and the bathroom was bigger. Unfortuneatly, the bed wasn't nearly as comfortable and the pillows were terrible. I barely slept. Cleanliness and a good night's sleep are my two most important requisites for a hotel room. This place has the added bonus of a friendly, helpful staff. I will stay here every time I'm in this area.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank pandoratoo
Twain Harte, California
Reviewed August 12, 2009

Traveling with kids and a dog can be challenging, but the front desk here really worked to help us. This is an older motel that's had some updating. The room was very clean and quite spacious, and extremely quiet even though the motel is right on the "main drag." The weather was very hot but the room air conditioning was very good. The included breakfast was rather sparse, but restaurants (and donuts!) are very close. The kids were disappointed that there was no pool, but we got in so late and left so early that they couldn't have used it anyway. My only complaint would be that the towels were even thinner & rougher than those in high school P.E. class. This is not a Resort Destination motel, but very good for the weary thru-traveler.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank mtnyoung
San Bruno, California
Reviewed April 7, 2008

We stayed here for 2 nights for a competition that we were attending. Although it was OK for a place to crash, the staff were nice and helpful, we probably could have found something better for the amount paid. We were woken up at around 2 a.m. every morning with early morning arrivals. The parking lot is right outside your door, and the walls are thin, so you can hear everything. The first thing we noticed when we got into our room is the odor of stale food. We did not make a big deal about it, because as I said, it was just a place to crash.

• Liked — the staff was nice and helpful
  • Disliked — thin walls, stale food odor
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed April 27, 2007

I'm an entertainer who travels constantly. Knowing that I had an upcoming gig in Oroville, I decided to check out the motel where the Casino puts us up. The America's Best Value Inn lived up to it's attractive web site. The property has some miles on it, but it's kept up well. The furniture is all new and in good shape. The rooms are large, with vaulted ceilings. There is free wired (very) high speed internet available in the rooms. I don't know if they provide an ethernet cable; I always carry one. The AC/heat and plumbing works well. Satellite TV with 3 channels of HBO.
My only quibble is that the walls are kind of thin. I heard TV and conversation from the room next door. The fan doesn't run constantly, so that could be a problem. Noise from outdoors is minimal (the property sits back from a busy street). The location is convenient to just about anything you'd want. There is a free breakfast (didn't try it) and a small laundry room.
There are cheaper places to stay in Oroville (although I got a good deal on the net) but I doubt you'll find a better value.

• Liked — Too much to specify
  • Disliked — Thin walls
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Roaddog702
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oroville
Super 8 Oroville
#8 of 11 in Oroville
Ramada Plaza Chico
Ramada Plaza Chico
#8 of 17 in Chico

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!