“REMODELED ROOMS AND NICE STAFF”
Review of Motel 6 Oroville

Motel 6 Oroville
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Oroville
Miami, Florida
“REMODELED ROOMS AND NICE STAFF”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

The rooms are remodeled. Great for the price. We just stayed here for one night since we were heading to san francisco. The staff are really nice. Free coffee in the lobby. First they had given us a room near the air conditioning area it was very noisy sounded like we had a truck parked outside our window, however i asked if we can be moved and they gave us a new room right away. The second room was quite and clean as well as the first one. If you need just somewhere to stay for a cheap price this is the place. I would stay here again if i was in the area. Free parking and wifi.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reviewed May 11, 2014

From the previous reviews I expected this place to terrible. When we arrived the staff was friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and very modern looking. Overall a good stay.

Pros: Clean, affordable, good service, modern rooms, laminate flooring.

Cons: The pool had some napkins and tree leaves etc in it, the beds were hard from the modern frame with no box spring, heat and a/c were hard to control. LOTS of long term guests

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Sarah I
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Stayed at the Oroville, Ca Motel 6 for almost a month, while looking for a home to rent. The cheap prices being the reason I chose this motel, but the cheap price does NOT make up for the TERRIBLY RUDE management, the loud nights to keep you awake and equally as loud mornings to wake you back up as soon as you FINALLY fall asleep and the filth and smell of the whole place! After paying for every night, the first complaint I made on screaming people next door that woke up my child, the management treated me like I was making it up and threatened to call police if I wasn't out in 10 minutes. KEVIN was the manager's name, but they were all very rude! Don't ever waste your money here!

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Phatmatt1234
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Oroville, responded to this review, November 13, 2013

Travelers are raving about these Oroville hotels

Long Beach, California, United States
Reviewed September 12, 2013

After driving 6 hours I arrived tired at 10:00pm to find this Motel 6 full of people partying outside walking around with beers in hand and having a BBQ outside of their room on the balcony. I can see some of the guest washed and hung out there clothes on the balcony rails. It took over a half hour to find the office person only to find her in the crowd of crazy people. I would never recommend this motel 6. Go down the street to American Value on Oro dam Blvd they honored the same price as Motel 6...

Room Tip: keep on driving!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
rancho cucamonga
Reviewed September 22, 2011

Checked in late at night. Didn't have my downstairs room that I had reserved and was assured of one. To late to go motel hunting. Was given and upstairs room. Turned on the light and cock roaches were running wild. Went back to the office and got another room and an embarrassing I'm sorry. Double checked for cock roaches in the new room. Slept with one eye open. Place was a dump. Had made reservations for 3 days. Canceled the other 2. Instead of fishing the following morning I spent it motel hunting.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank david n
Coos Bay
Reviewed October 14, 2010

The best part of our stay was turning in the room keys. Unless you like filth and not knowing for sure how many have slept on the sheets with out them being washed and the smell of urine, We will not give this place a fourth chance. Stay in another motel if you must be in town or going south you have Maryville-Yuba City and north you have Chico. As for us if it was the only one with a room we would choose to sleep under a bridge.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kricket213
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 24, 2009

First the good news: Less than $40 all in including tax. The Quality Inn up the street wanted $89 plus tax (and that's after my AAA discount). There was also a diner type restaurant just across the parking lot which, while hardly special, was somewhat more appealing than the fast food deep fried carry out and chain restaurants that seemed to be everywhere else in Oroville.

The bad news: the room was incredibly spare (not even a clock). There was a less than clean or welcoming smell about the bed which left me a little uneasy. The bathroom area was rather uninviting. No bugs or vermin however.

(I hadn't stayed at a Motel 6 in over 20 years but I was inspired to try one again by a first time TripAdvisor contributer who had written me this past summer to take issue with my mixed evaluation of a nice but horribly overpriced hotel -- with desultory service to boot -- that I had reviewed at this site. This one time contributer-- whose glowing review of the overpriced property has curiously been removed from TripAdvisor's web site-- had suggested sarcastically that I might like a Motel 6 better. They will, no doubt be happy to know that I did not. But there's no beating the price. Next time, however, if I am feeling cheap I will stay elsewhere and pay somewhat more.)

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oroville
Super 8 Oroville
The Lodge at Feather Falls Casino
Paradise Lodge
Paradise Lodge
#2 of 7 in Paradise

Been to Motel 6 Oroville? Share your experiences!