“Free Cock Roaches at Motel 6”
Review of Motel 6 Oroville

Motel 6 Oroville
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Oroville
Reviewed September 22, 2011

Checked in late at night. Didn't have my downstairs room that I had reserved and was assured of one. To late to go motel hunting. Was given and upstairs room. Turned on the light and cock roaches were running wild. Went back to the office and got another room and an embarrassing I'm sorry. Double checked for cock roaches in the new room. Slept with one eye open. Place was a dump. Had made reservations for 3 days. Canceled the other 2. Instead of fishing the following morning I spent it motel hunting.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank david n
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Oroville

Reviewed October 14, 2010

The best part of our stay was turning in the room keys. Unless you like filth and not knowing for sure how many have slept on the sheets with out them being washed and the smell of urine, We will not give this place a fourth chance. Stay in another motel if you must be in town or going south you have Maryville-Yuba City and north you have Chico. As for us if it was the only one with a room we would choose to sleep under a bridge.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kricket213
Reviewed October 24, 2009

First the good news: Less than $40 all in including tax. The Quality Inn up the street wanted $89 plus tax (and that's after my AAA discount). There was also a diner type restaurant just across the parking lot which, while hardly special, was somewhat more appealing than the fast food deep fried carry out and chain restaurants that seemed to be everywhere else in Oroville.

The bad news: the room was incredibly spare (not even a clock). There was a less than clean or welcoming smell about the bed which left me a little uneasy. The bathroom area was rather uninviting. No bugs or vermin however.

(I hadn't stayed at a Motel 6 in over 20 years but I was inspired to try one again by a first time TripAdvisor contributer who had written me this past summer to take issue with my mixed evaluation of a nice but horribly overpriced hotel -- with desultory service to boot -- that I had reviewed at this site. This one time contributer-- whose glowing review of the overpriced property has curiously been removed from TripAdvisor's web site-- had suggested sarcastically that I might like a Motel 6 better. They will, no doubt be happy to know that I did not. But there's no beating the price. Next time, however, if I am feeling cheap I will stay elsewhere and pay somewhat more.)

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed June 23, 2009

I will never stay at a Motel 6 again. This motel room stunk like old dogs. The shower was like a coffin...there was bugs on the floor. If we weren't so tired from driving 11 hours we would have left. Nasty Nasty Nasty...and the motel staff was NOT friendly. We got out of there as soon as we could the next morning.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mothertucker2
Reviewed April 5, 2009

Someone has to balance the review below - guess that's me. Stayed 2 nights in September of 2008. I carry a lot of "stuff" with me, so I request an "accessible" room so as to guarantee a first floor room. (Motel 6 will not guarantee a first floor request).
Over all, my experience was "okay". Soundproofing is not good. Room was reasonably clean. Front desk help was not warm but efficient. The room served it's purpose at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed June 14, 2006

If you like bug bites, mold, slime in the shower, broken sharp tiles in shower stall, bad plumbing etc. then stay at this dump!

Spent months trying to get management there to correct problems, fell on deaf ears.
Management very rude.

IF YOU DECIDE TO STAY HERE, BRING ALONG YOUR RAID BUGSPRAY!!! AND A HAZMAT SUIT.

Stayed: November 2005